Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Empire State Building) Hotel Stanford

tantar
By tantar,
in

Hi, we are looking to looking to go to New York for a couple of nights but will likely be staying in New Jersey as it is cheaper.

We want the cheapest 3* or more. 

We were thinking we could stay in the seacaucus area as the access to manhattan by bus or train is not bad. Our dates are oct 18-20 but could move the trip 1 day before or after.

Would prefer to have breakfast included.

From what I can tell, the express deal currently available for that date is the holiday inn at $83/night?

Should I be bidding for the same area for lower or do you recommend I do something different?

Please provide a follow-up for your prior New York City Priceline thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above listing.) Closing threads is greatly appreciated as it helps others researching and keeps the board organized.

For this stay, please confirm your desired budget per night. Additionally, if free breakfast is a must, then I wouldn't bid unless free breakfast is showing as a guaranteed amenity (which is unlikely.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

When seeking help with PRICELINE EXPRESS (or HOTWIRE) please include the amenities associated with the property being asked about.

Is this the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer you're seeing (confirm your dates on the landing page):

3* Secaucus - North Bergen for $83
Pets Allowed
Free Parking
Business Center
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> if so, best guess for this one would be the La Quinta Inn and Suites Secaucus Meadowlands

(NOTE: the Holiday Inn does not typically supply a free breakfast... the Holiday Inn Express chain provides breakfast)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes that is the offer I was seeing...I'm not a big fan of La quinta.

I would like to avoid to stay in either a best western or in La quinta.

What would you recommend to avoid both these? bid for a 3.5*?

I can stay anywhere in Jersey, not just seacaucus area

My budget would be $90/night

Thanks

12 hours ago, tantar said:

What would you recommend to avoid both these? bid for a 3.5*?

This would be one way... but i'm not so sure you would be successful at under $90/nite.

If you stayed elsewhere in this region... how would you commute to Manhattan?  Would you drive to a train or bus stop OR do you not have a car and would need to be within walking distance?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sunday nite is typically the least expensive nite of the week for hotels, and Manhattan is no exception... the tourists have already gone home and the business travelers have not yet arrived.

If looking to bid on Oct 16(Sun)-Oct 18... let us know which zones are acceptable and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks,

The acceptable zones would be:

upper east side

upper west side

central park south

midtown west

time square

rockefeller center

midtown east

grand central

madison square garden

chelsea

empire state area

my upper limit would be 120/night

and looking for a 3 star or better

Thanks!!

When bidding 3* in NYC you have FIVE re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* UES, UWS, CPS, MTW, TS, Rock Center, MTE, Grand Central, MSG, ESB
Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 3* UES, UWS, CPS, MTW, TS, Rock Center, MTE, Grand Central, Chelsea
Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG, Chelsea, UES, UWS, CPS, MTW, TS, Rock Center, MTE, ESB
Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 3* MSG, Chelsea, UES, UWS, CPS, MTW, TS, Rock Center, Grand Central
Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* UES, UWS, CPS, MTW, TS, Rock Center, MTE, Grand Central, MSG, Chelsea, ESB
Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $105

If the above is rejected you can take the following option (confirm your dates on the landing page):

3* Upper West Side for $105
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess for this property would be the Astor on the Park

Any questions (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're unsure or new to the subject matter) feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi there,

I followed your strategy but did not want the Astor...so I excluded UWS.

I got no winning bids up to $105.

Instead I got a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for a 3* in the empire state area for $110 a night

I got the Hotel Stanford NYC Koreatown

The amenities shown were a choice of bed (twin bed, double bed, or 2 double beds), free internet and one more that I don't remember.

However after I booked, turns out breakfast is included as well.

Thank you so much...How do I make sure this hotel gets added to the hotel list?

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see your plans were flexible and that you were able to land a hotel in Manhattan (vs. NJ) by changing your dates by just a few days.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

• 1 month later...

I am headed to the city Thurs Dec 8th for one night.  I usually stay in K-town but I really don't want to pay the 275+ for one night at my usual hotel.  Any ideas on how to get a cheap hotel in the area?  I'm really eyeing the Stanford Hotel because it's in K-town and I am comfortable with that area.  I would be open to areas: Empire State Building, Midtown West, Madison Sq Garden and Chelsea.  Is it best to use name your own price or express deal? And wait until the same day or day before?  Or should I start bidding now?  I see the person in this thread got Stanford hotel fro $110 - that's a steal!

KatyRobbins,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For help with your own trip please start a NEW TOPIC and we will be happy to assist you there... this helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as we can then use the topic title of your new thread to reflect whatever it is that you decided to do for your trip, just as we have used the topic title of this thread to reflect what the OP decided for their stay.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]