Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Navy Pier - Millennium Park) Sheraton Grand Chicago

md1801
By md1801,
in

I need some help identifying this property.  The full amenities, discovered using the links on this site, include:

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

These don't seem to directly match up with any of the choices on the Hotwire List at http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?app=hotel_lists&tid=642&_service=hotwire#ffmenuWB

Any help would be much appreciated!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

My guess would be the Intercontinental with a slightly different amenity set than it has been previously reported with.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance. I'm quite familiar with Chicago - please let me know if you have any hotel or city questions. If you are looking for something in particular in terms of hotel, please let us know desired budget/star rating/zone (as well as any other variables) and we would be happy to research and offer suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you for your help.  I'm making the trip to celebrate our anniversary so we're wanting to stay somewhere that is a cut above what we normally do---run of the mill Marriott and Hilton properties.  We'd like to be close by to at least a few amenities in the downtown area.  I'm thinking that means 4.5* or 5* properties.  I've stayed at the Westin River North and the W in the Theater district and those were both nice and would definitely fit the bill, though the W is probably a little bit away from where we'd want to be if I remember correctly.

Any suggestions given your expertise?

The Intercontinental's public spaces are remarkable - gorgeous lobby, beautiful pool with a tremendous history and more. I don't know if they still do it, but I believe they offered audio tours of the hotel at one point. The rooms are fine but more ordinary/convention hotel. Great location.

Unfortunately, the issue with this night is that it's definitely on the busy/expensive side.

I'm also seeing a 4.5* in the River North area for $226 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

>>> This would be a possible match for the James.

Priceline Express has a $228 4.5* in the Downtown-Millennium Park area (please confirm that the correct date is showing when you click on the link; amenities: Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Business Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities 9+/10 rating)

>>> This has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but a guess would be the Monaco.

All three of these hotels are really not very far from one another, so one does not have a considerable location advantage over the other. The potential Intercontinental is a very nice property but is a giant hotel. The James and (potentially) the Monaco are boutique properties with more personalized service.

Let us know your thoughts and if you have any additional questions at all before booking.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good morning.  We did a little more digging and booked this morning.

We adjusted our parameters slightly, and reviewed this morning's offers.  We booked via Hotwire and found what appeared to be a good deal---a 4* for $159 in a good area.  Using the hotel lists on this site, we were able to determine with about 90% confidence that it was the Sheraton Grand Chicago and we're pretty happy overall with both the property and the location.

The amenities as displayed were: Pet Friendly, Indoor Pool, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, Business Center, Internet Access

We were able to review the hotel list and found that among the 4* properties in the list, the only one that was both Pet Friendly and had a pool was this Sheraton.

Thank you to all for your help!

Congrats on your success.

Very good deal for this property during a busy period. There's a beautiful newer Whole Foods about a block North. I'll also suggest asking for a room looking South on a higher floor. This property used to have partial views of the lake from rooms looking North but I'm not sure that's the case anymore after the new Loews Hotel was wedged in next to this property. Looking South you may get partial lake views, but would have a pretty good chance of at least getting river views.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]