Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (World Trade Center - Wall Street) W Hotel Downtown

Parners
By Parners,
in

Hi,

I'm looking to try and land a hotel on the UWS for our holiday in December. If we can get on the UWS, I'd take 3.5* and up.

For the right price, we're happy to stay anywhere but Times Square and ideally we want to be out of midtown completely.

I currently have a cancellable booking for part of our trip at the doubletree financial district for $96 p/night. We'd want to keep our hotel costs to <$100 p/n pre tax (and to avoid any resort fees bumping up the cost!).

Do you think this is do-able?

The Empire is currently available at $114 p/night and is cancellable, but has to be pre-paid which I'm weary of. The hotel themselves won't price match anything close to that and have stated they would require $500 more to book direct with them.

Am I better waiting until the trip is closer, or to see whether £ gets any stronger do you guys think? Or just get bidding now.

I put in a speculative $100 bid on the UWS to see whether I could just snap up the empire, but was rejected.

My understanding is that 4* rebid zones in NYC are currently Flushing, Elmhurst, Jamaica, Bayside, Morningside H, Coney, Bronx, Wash. Heights, Kennedy and LGA?

2nd preference area would be Downtown where I think there are likely to be some decent deals to be had. We're also happy to split out stay between the two areas if you think that would open up some additional savings potential, given that we're staying for so long.

Thanks in advance!

So, I noticed that the weekend before was really expensive, so I did a bit of digging and found a hotwire deal for the weekend. So I'm now looking for 18th-24th of December only and ideally just uptown as we'll be spending the weekend downtown. I used the HOTWIRE links on here and will post the deal on the hotwire forum pages shortly.

Hi all,

Just a quick post to report a purchase via hotwire.

We will be in NYC 15-24 Dec and noticed the 15th-18th was more expensive than the rest of the week. As a result I've booked what I think is a great deal for the weekend downtown with the hope of getting a cheap deal uptown for the rest of the holiday.

The deal is still available and is as follows:

4.5* world trade centre- wall street area

$107

Amenities listed as:

Pet Friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness Centre, Restaurant, Business Centre, Internet Access, Spa Services, Accessible for hearing impaired, accessible for visually impaired.

The hotel is the W New York Downtown.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Nicely done splitting the purchase and glad to see you're pleased with the results for this leg of your trip.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post, which would not have been seen unless you searched using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full list of amenities associated with this property (including any accessible amenities)... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

For help with the balance of your trip (12/18-12/24) please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To confirm, the full list of amenities as per the BiddingHelper.com tool are:

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Decidedly more than were shown on the hotwire webpage, so super helpful!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]