Hotwire Hotel: 4* Austin (Downtown Austin & Town Lake Area) 11/1 - 11/3

Billabongi
By Billabongi,
in

Hi All,

I am looking for a hotel in the Downtown Austin area 11/1 - 11/3 and I found a 4* i was interested in, details as follows.

4* Downtown Austin and Town Lake $ 193.00 ($314) 90% Recommended

FULL AMENITIES:
Free Internet
Fitness center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Internet access
Accessible for visually impaired
Accessible for hearing impaired
Accessible path of travel
In-room accessibility
Accessible bathroom
Accessible parking

Is this the InterContinental Stephen F. Austin? Ideally I am looking for the Hyatt Regency but I am having trouble identifying it.

Best guess for the property above would be the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center.

Is the Hyatt the only acceptable hotel for this stay?  What is it about this hotel that you want? (location, previous experience, conference hotel, etc?)  What would be your maximum budget (per ntie before fees/taxes) for the Hyatt?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am looking for something close to the river and the congress ave bridge. 

The Hyatts regular price is $248 right now for those dates so i was expecting something $200 or lower.

The Intercontinental actually isn't bad so I was hoping it was at least that. The AT&T is pretty far north 

15 hours ago, Billabongi said:

The Hyatts regular price is $248 right now for those dates so i was expecting something $200 or lower.

A property may not offer discounted inventory for a particular set of dates and rates do look high for this period. Is there another particular 4* listing of interest that you are seeing for these dates?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

You can also search MAPS and HOTELS.com for the exact address you want to be near to see if there is anything else nearby that is offered at a good rate that will work for your needs.

Also, since your stay is not until September, you can search RefundableRates.com to choose something nearby that has a liberal cancellation policy... this way you're protected should rates rise from here, yet you can cancel and re-book should something of interest come thru from PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help with this stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have one more question in regards to this hotel, how reliable is the Price Per Night that they strike through to show the discount? The AT&T hotel shows it's $220 a night regular price but the hotel i'm trying to figure out is $317 marked down to $189. Is that a reliable indicator that it's another hotel or no?

The retail price shown is not the retail price of the underlying hotel, it is an average of comparable hotels for your dates.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

• 3 weeks later...

Still looking for a hotel on this one and was wondering if you could help me out with 2 new hotels i found, same dates and downtown Austin.

$154 ($241) 90% Recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible

$223 ($301) 90% Recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Thanks,
James

Note that the crossed out rate is an average price of hotels of this star rating in the zone for your dates, NOT necessarily the rate of the hotel currently being offered.

Best guess for the others above:

$154 ($241) 90% Recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible

==> Hotel Ella (previously Mansion at Judges' Hill)

I'm not seeing the $223/nite property offered when i search for your dates but i am still seeing the AT&T Executive Center for $192/nite

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks as always for the help. Still looking for a hotel, a few new ones popped up that I was hoping for some help on.

4 Star Downtown Austin and Town Lake Area $167 85% Recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

3.5 Star Downtown Austin and Town Lake Area $195 85% Recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Tennis nearby

Thanks,

James

From the Hotwire Hotel List best guess/comments for each would be:

4 Star Downtown Austin and Town Lake Area $167 85% Recommended

==> AT&T Hotel and Conference Center

3.5 Star Downtown Austin and Town Lake Area $195 85% Recommended

==> Hilton Garden Inn

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]