Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Grand Central) Roosevelt Hotel

lilrock023
By lilrock023,
in

Scouting out deals for friends (on BiddingHelper.com) trying to get a better deal than what they've already booked and based on location, budget  and dates (06/25 - 06/27) and came up with a list of three potential candidates:  

1.) Grand Central area hotel - $246 - 4 Star Hotwire rating, 60% Recommended, 3.5/5 TripAdvisor Score

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

2.) Midtown East area new to Hotwire hotel - $262 - 4 Star Hotwire rating, 90% Recommended, 4/5 TripAdvisor Score
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Spa services

3.) Midtown East area hotel - $211 - 3 Star Hotwire rating, ?? Recommended, ?? TripAdvisor Score
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Internet access
NOTE: Offering option for 1 Queen bed and 1 Japanese Futon

Based on the Hotel Lists, I've come up with the possible matches and am looking for any thoughts/input from the Better Bidding experts:
1.) The Iroquois or Mansfield?? (This one is stumping me)
2.) The Westin Grand Central?
3.) Midtown East Vacation Rentals?? (The lack of information on this one is a bit disconcerting)

Are you searching for something other than the default 1room/2adults as i'm seeing rates a bit less than what you have posted above.

Where, and how much, is their back-up reservation?

Do most of their plans have them in/near the MTE zone as i see you've excluded many other areas of NYC that are typically considered to be centrally located.

If/when your friends are ready to book, if they will be making the purchase themselves, please ask them to stop by BetterBidding and use the QUICK QUOTE box on the upper left corner of the board (or the logos within the search box are click-able as well) in order to begin their purchase.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was looking up 1room/3adults rates for them.  I believe they said they had an apartment rental but in an outer borough, nowhere near the sights they had on their itinerary.  And those listings in those areas popped up as the best price/quality for their budget - I'm sure they'll be open to any centrally located suggestions as far as it fits their budget.

What is their budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for a hotel that will accommodate 3 adults and what is the price of their back-up?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

EDIT TO ADD: you may want to have somebody who can make a decision for the group post in this thread as more often than not these threads of 'helping out a friend' don't go anywhere as there is too much time between posts trying to convey the information, the offers disappear by the time anyone is ready to make a decision, etc.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

WIN Update:

Grand Central area boutique hotel - $207/night (6/24 - 6/27) - 4* Hotwire Rating, 60% recommended, 3.5/5 TripAdvisor score

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

And the winner is...

The Roosevelt Hotel New York

Congratulations on your (friend's) success!

Hope they're pleased with the outcome and this will work well for their needs this trip.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope your friends enjoy their stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]