Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Tampa (Busch Gardens) Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens

JulesBo
By JulesBo,
in

Used BB HOTWIRE link and was glad to get an extra $15 off my stay! Couldn't tell if I would've gotten that coupon directly from HOTWIRE anyway, but TYVM all the same. It expires today, so I was happy I decided to book today.

They had it as a 3.5 star. Even though your hotel list had it as 3-star, I guessed it from the amenities before booking. The reviews were so great, I was willing to pay a few bucks more, instead of maybe saving $30 a night and taking a chance on someplace not as nice.

Amenities:

Free breakfast, suite, fitness center, pool(s), restaurant(s), business center, self-service laundry, internet access, kitchenette

TripAdvisor 4.5 out of 5.0.

Hotwire customer reviews 95% recommended

This was my first experience with prices rapidly changing on Hotwire! I saw this hotel at $135, then $147, and $136. A 2.5 star hotel was $99 ($142 was crossed out) and then it was $120, and upon opening another browser it was $98. There was also a 3-star all-suites hotel in which I had some interest for $119 ($176 crossed out), and by the time I finished my research back here, it jumped up to $150. If I were more patient, maybe I could've opened new browsers or something, and gotten it...but I just wanted to book and be done.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the outcome... Embassy Suite properties are always family friendly and the 'true' suites, along with free breakfast and evening manger's reception, are welcomed amenities!

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new star rating for this hotel.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 weeks later...

The staff went above and beyond during our stay, we were very pleased, We sat down for a late lunch in the hotel restaurant and two minutes later, the power went out! They happened to have an internal meeting going on, so they offered and served us food from the meeting, free of charge. And offered us a free dinner that night "for our trouble." The dinner service was slow, but the food was good, I had the pork mojo, it was amazing. They even picked up our bar tab, which was unexpected.

So we paid a few dollars more than your basic Holiday Inn, but with the comp'd meals it certainly worked out in our favor.

Great stay, comfortable room, so nice having a separate bedroom, plus a sofa bed for the kids. Breakfast was fine, not great, they do make omelets for you, but their other offerings weren't as good IMO as Country Inns & Suites. Gotta say the manager's reception probably makes up for it, somewhere it said "two drinks," but there didn't appear to be a limit. Wine, a couple domestic beers, and limited cocktails. Plus some salty snacks and chips & salsa.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]