Priceline Hotel: 3* Toronto (Downtown) Marriott Yorkville on Bloor

hhbean
By hhbean,
in

I'm looking to take advantage of a last minute fare from NYC-Toronto this weekend. Looks like on Hotwire there is a 4* DT (I assume the Sheraton) for $75. This would be fine for me but would rather get a better deal on Priceline if possible. Looking to pay no more than that and willing to go 3 or 4* DT.

Any suggestions?

-Thanks

Hi

I would try bidding priceline 4* at $59 and raise $1 for each free rebid if rejected. You should be able to beat the $75.

I got rooms for friends at the sheraton for feb 11th(for $59) when the hotwire price was $75 also

You might be able to get 3* for between $42 and $50(but I am confident you will get a 4*)

You have nine re-bids at the 4* level, so i would bid in the following order (stopping short of using your final re-bid... i don't expect you to get that far, but just in case; or you can try as suggested above). If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

$58

$59

$60

$63

$65

$67

$69

$71

If you don't understand my short-hand above just post back and i'll type the long version.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3* level you should expect any hotel in our PRICELINE HOTEL LIST... as well as be prepared for a hotel of similar quality that may not be reported.

What is it exactly that you want from this stay... a 3*, a 4*, the best value, or just the absolute lowest price for a 3* minimum?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3* level you have two re-bid zones available and i would first try as follows...

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $38, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $42, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Downtown and re-bid zone2...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50.

If the above is rejected you we'll need to present a new strategy for 4* bidding in order to avoid duplicate bid messages.

Let us know how it goes.

It was a very good deal indeed. The hotel was FANTASTIC. It was towards the outside of the DT area, but with the subway stop right in the basement of the property, convenience was not an issue. Everyone was so friendly there and it was definitely a first class property, in my opinion at the upper edge of a 3* property. Certainly at least a 3.5* when compared to other PL/HW 3*s I've been in.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]