Hotwire Hotel: 3.5 star hotel - Downtown Brooklyn

RVD26
By RVD26,
in

Need help identifying this 3.5 star hotel in downtown Brooklyn.

Travel dates are 5/9/2016 to 5/12/2016.

$167/night.

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

There are one or two other hotels that caught my eye as well.  I don't know if I should list them now.

Yes, please list them in this thread so that we can have a look at all 2-3 when we do the search for your trip.

Do you have reason to stay in Brooklyn for this trip or are you looking to save money vs. staying directly in Manhattan?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I am looking to save money and plus I stayed in Manhattan (Times Square) during my last trip.  While it was fine, I want to stay somewhere that is not so touristy.

I've never stayed in Brooklyn before.  Is there something wrong with staying there?

I will post the other hotels soon.

Any guess as to the first hotel I posted?

Here are the other 2 listings (same dates and location):

3-star

$164/night

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

3.5-star

$173/night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access

15 minutes ago, RVD26 said:

I've never stayed in Brooklyn before.  Is there something wrong with staying there?

Do you plan on spending most of your time in Brooklyn or most exploring Manhattan? (if Brooklyn what will you do there for 3 days??)

If the latter i would recommend staying directly in Manhattan to avoid the commute every day.

There are certainly areas within Manhattan that are less touristy than Times Square (where it appears you stayed on your last trip)

Upper East Side and Upper West are both mostly residential... and Lower East Side is an upcoming area that is going thru a renaissance and not yet touristy (a bit more 'cutting edge', imo)

We'll have a look at Brooklyn if you'd like, but please make sure that this is where you really want to stay before we go down that path.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Brooklyn seems to have the best prices and I will likely spend a lot of time in Brooklyn this time.

I will spend one of the days in Manhattan and the rest of the time in Brooklyn.

Unless you can recommend some areas in Manhattan that have listings which are comparable in price to the ones I listed.

We'll just stick with Brooklyn if you think you will be spending time there.

3.5* at $143/nite (looks like this one came down in price since your original post)

Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

==> an upgrade of the Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn would be my guess here

3* at $164/nite

Boutique, Restaurant, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Free Parking, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

==> Hotel Le Bleu

3.5-star at $173/night

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access

==> no guess

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Good luck!

So I decided to take the advice here and from a family member and look in the Upper West Side.

I found a 3-star hotel for $153/night.

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Kitchenette

On the Hotwire website, it says the last person got The Milburn Hotel.

If you are interested in the Milburn i believe it is this 3* Upper West Side hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $160/nite with:

Business Center

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

If you for some reason decide to book thru an OTA, please use this Expedia link to begin your purchase as it supports the board and helps us to continue to operate as a free resource for everyone.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]