Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park) Andaz 5th Avenue - a Concept by Hyatt

interregina
By interregina,
in

Hi, looking for a one night get-away on the UWS, I want to bid for a 4* and The Lucerne or NYLO would be good.

Using the Priceline tab on BiddingHelper I'm seeing ten rebid zones!  Is it this easy?

15  Flushing

16  Elmhurst - Corona

18  Jamaica

22  Bayside

24  Morningside Heights

26  Coney Island

27  Bronx

28  Washington Heights

29  Kennedy Airport

30  LaGuardia Airport

Okay I see that I am mixing apples and oranges here, because The Lucerne and NYLO are on the Hotline hotels list, not the Priceline list.  I'd be less interested in The Empire because I thought it would be fun to be away from the hustle of Lincoln Center and also to have a shot at free street parking in the 90's around Amsterdam.  My second area choice might be Rockefeller Center but will do more research now.  Have you fellow mods and posters figured out a strategy to stay clear of the CPS 4* Hudson or into a specific hotel such as the CPS 4.5* Essex House?

I am still interested in the consensus of the ten free rebid zones for 4* or above in NYC.

There is no way to avoid a particular property when bidding. HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS are slightly-to-moderately more expensive, but there is value in the information provided by those services, which can allow the ability to make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing. What would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Just a few dollars more than your budget, i'm seeing this $164/nite 4.5* Rockefeller Center hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) with:

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
... best guess for this property would be the Andaz 5th Avenue which gets excellent reviews.

Does this work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- your previously listed re-bid zones at the 4* level are correct, but always doublecheck just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed since you last checked.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With Thereuare suggesting that 4.5 (possibly The Andaz) was on Priceline Express for 164, I decided to give Name Your Own Price a try:

I started bidding in Rockefeller Center 4.5*

$132 - rejected.  Added a zone and rebid.

$137 - rejected.  Added a zone and rebid.

$142 - rejected.  Added a zone and rebid.

$147 - rejected.  Added a zone and rebid.

$152 - Won The Andaz 5th Avenue!

Room subtotal:           $152.00

Taxes & fees:              $40.56

Total charged today:  $192.56

Amenities:  Wireless internet connection in public areas, Exercise gym, On-site business center, Pets allowed, Restaurant, Non-smoking rooms (generic), Parking, Cable television

Sure that 40 dollar fee is high and must be a resort fee or something, but it was disclosed to me in advance and I am happy about this win.

Congrats on your success.

Awesome win for this property! Glad you are pleased with the result and are looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for letting us know about this new PRICELINE property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]