Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Nashville (Downtown - Metro Center) Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown

crimsonlake
By crimsonlake,
in

My husband and I are combining a work trip with short kid free getaway on 4/20-4/23. I've only tried Priceline once before and ended up with a NASTY motel on the Outer Banks. So I would like to avoid ending up at the Maxwell or worse. So what is a realistic starting bid for a downtown 3 1/2-4 stars hotel for my dates? If it's too high I'm willing to look at the Vandy, Brentwood, and Franklin areas. Franklin is as far away from downtown as I would like to be. 

Thanks for for any help!

If bidding on PRICELINE how do you intend to avoid the Maxwell House (or any other property that you're hoping to avoid)?

Why not instead use PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE where you can try to have a guess as to the hotel you may receive, or at the very least 'choose' a hotel that has good user reviews?

What is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Maxwell House is a 3 star property, so I was planning on only bidding on properties higher than that. Our max is $200 which is too low for current listed rates for any downtown hotel. However a couple of days ago Hotwire had a 4 star downtown hotel for $106 before taxes and fee and I'm pretty sure it was the Sheraton. Unfortunately I wasn't ready to book at that time. I already have the Aloft in Franklin reserved as a backup. If I get a nice hotel in my budget downtown on Priceline or Hotwire great! If not it's not big deal.

crimsonlake,

At current rates i think your $200 budget for a 3.5* over these dates may be a bit of a stretch, but the good news is that you have plenty of re-bid zones so you can try almost as often as you'd like.  At the 4* level you have TWENTY-ONE re-bid zones... at the 3.5* level you have EIGHTEEN re-bid zones.

You can follow the above at the 4* level, then if rejected close the browser, use our board link to re-access PRICELINE, and re-try at the 3.5* level...

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $183, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $188, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $193, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $198, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $200

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes... keep us udpated on your progress and let us know if/how we can be of further help along the way.

houseo,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For help with your own trip please feel free to start a NEW TOPIC, as this helps avoid confusion by keeping each stay separate, as well as gives you a topic title to edit to reflect your eventual win, which will also automatically put a link to your win in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Dates: 4/20-4/23 

Price per night $149

3 star Downtown Nashville - Metrocenter area all-suites hotel

95% Recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase

This property has not yet been reported to the board, but my guess would be the Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown.

If you are interested in the Hyatt Place, on an all-in basis i believe this property can be booked cheaper with this 3.5* OFFER (confirm your dates on the landing page) with Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Business Center, Non Smoking... and a 9+ user review rating too!

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin you

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see this worked out so well for your needs and that you're happy with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]