Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Chelsea) Innside New York Nomad

Silvie_K
By Silvie_K,
in

Hello, I am looking form 4* (in worst case 3,5*) hotel in New York

Travel dates: 04/27/16-05/05/16

Preferred zones: Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park South, Madison Square Garden, Wall Street

How much shall I count as room rate per night? How much should I bid?

My stay will last 8nights. Is there a chance to win it in one hotel, or shall I split it into 4+4nights during bidding?

Is it better to start bidding these days or to wait until April?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards Silvie

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Few questions/points in order to get started:

1) note that Wall Street is at the southern end of Manhattan, and while certainly do-able at the right price, it is not as convenient (for the average visitor) as the other midtown locations that you have listed (assuming most of your activities will be taking place in/near midtown... ignore this comment if you have many things planned for Downtown)

2) note that at the 4* level the CPS zone contains the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms... would this be an acceptable outcome?

This is the start of peak season in NYC, what is your expected budget for this trip? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Sheraton New York Times Square is currently rated 4 stars by PRICELINE... you can look at the Hotel Lists for both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE in New York to see the last known star rating for any hotel that has been reported to the board.

You should be able to get a 4* hotel in one of the zones above in the $160 area.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (confirm your zones) and maximum bid and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

I will also add that i'm seeing what looks to be The Jewel offered for $194/nite, which is well located and generally gets very good reviews, should this be of any interest.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, let´s focus on Midtown area like Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park South, Madison Square Garden.

My maximum bid is 160USD/night.

The Jewel Hotel looks wonderful, bud I would prefer lower price. Otherwise where do you see it on Priceline or Hotwire, I couldn´t find this offer.

Thank you very much!

27 minutes ago, Silvie_K said:

let´s focus on Midtown area like Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park South, Madison Square Garden.

If bidding the zones above how do you avoid the Hudson Hotel in the CPS zone, which you previously stated the rooms would be too small, or is this now acceptable at $160 or less?

Are you OK with the Wyndham New Yorker as an outcome (in the MSG zone)?

28 minutes ago, Silvie_K said:

The Jewel Hotel looks wonderful, bud I would prefer lower price.

You would need to pay the $194/nite price if trying to target this property... it comes down to if you're willing to accept any hotel in the zone(s) and star rating that you bid, or if it's worth a little more to have a guess at and try to target a specific property.

Let us know the information above and we'll advise accordingly.

1) The Hudson Hotel is not acceptable for me, so I have to exclude Central Park South from bidding zones

2) Wyndham New Yorker looks really good

3) Regarding the Jewel Hotel - thanks for explanation, from your previous post I understood that you see it in some priceline express deal

OK, so to confirm, only bidding Times Square, Rockefeller Center, and Madison Square Garden... 4* hotel up to $160/nite

If this is correct you can try as follows:

When bidding 4* in NYC you have TEN re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* TS, Rockefeller Center, MSG...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $160

Any questions (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're unsure) feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Finally I just booked hotel via Hotwire in term 04/27/16-05/02/16 for $161 per nite without taxes.

It is 4,5* INNSIDE New York NoMad in Chelsea area, 100% recommendations.

Amenities: Fitness center, Pet friendly, Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms

I am still looking something 05/02/16-05/05/16 :smile:

Thank you very much for your support.

Congrats on your success.

Great win for this newer property, which looks gorgeous.  Thank you for letting us know about this new HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

If you look under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account, are there any additional amenities showing beyond the ones noted above? Thanks.

Please start a new thread for the additional nights and we would be happy to help with the remainder of the stay.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]