Hotwire Hotel: 4* Universal Orlando - I-drive North

Msukc
By Msukc,
in

I used the BiddingHelper.com.  2 adults 2 kids (6 and 10).  This is what I got when narrowed to 4* and Universal Area.  Is this an onsite Universal?  If it is and I book, I believe I can add 2 kids to reservation?

4* Orlando July 1st to 4th (Priceline express)

Thanks.

Universal Orlando Resort Area - Intl. Drive North Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

Save 22% or more*

$ 78

per night

Trying to get on site Universal deal for express passes.  I see these 4* hotels.  Any idea on each of these hotels?  I suspect one is the hard rock or royal pacific....

4* Universal Orlando - I-drive North  7/1-4

$150 per night

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Resort, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services

$317 per night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Resort, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

How many adults/children are you including in your search?

What is your maximum budget for a hotel this trip? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

2 adults 2 kids; 6 and 10.  Not sure of a max budget. But I have already reserved royal pacific resort club level for about $500 per night.  7/2 and 7/3 nights only.  Check in 7/2 and checkout 7/4. 

If I can get a much better price, I can cancel the reservation.  I know it will be busy that weekend and wanted to make sure I at least have an on site hotel with express pass booked. 

Thx. 

The on-site properties are not seen very often, and when they are, it's usually during slower periods, not during peak times (when the hotels don't need to offer any deep discounts in an effort to fill rooms... they can full rooms at top prices, as evidenced by your $500/nite back-up reservation)

I don't think either of the above is on-site.  You can get a good deal for these dates thru PRICELINE or HOTWIRE for a hotel in this zone, but if on-site is a must-have (vs. a want), i think you're going to need to book direct.

For example, i believe you could book the Crowne Plaza for less than $100/nite, so it becomes a question if the on-site benefits are worth $400+ per nite (which seems like it could buy a lot of souvenirs and other activities to make this a memorable trip)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do for this stay, or if staying offsite is an option, how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the feedback. Two nights for 500 per night, while expensive, provides three days of express passes at Royal pacific.  And room is club level so we can probably have a meal a day and save some money and add some convenience.  Can walk to the park too.  

I am going to stick with direct reservations. So you can close this one out. 

Until my next BBpost...

Thanks again. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]