Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTW) Paramount Hotel

arbitrageur
By arbitrageur,
in

Hi,

I need bidding assistance for a 3* in MTW, UP-CPS or ME for 3/11-3/16. I'm willing to split my stay if necessary and also to raise my max limit to $120.

I'm also willing to drop down a level to 2.5 * with a max bid of $100.

4 days ago, I tried the following combinations with no luck:

3*

1. MTW $100

2. New Bid - UM-CPS $100

3. UMCPS + MTW - $110

2.5*

1. UWS - $75

2. UWS + MTW - $80

3. UWS + MTW + UM-CPS - $85

I think the date that will give me the most trouble is Sat 3/11. The posted rates for this date are slightly higher than any of the other dates. If I were to split my dates, should I single off 3/11 and try to bid for it separately from 3/12-3/16?

Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Let's focus on NYC first since it is your first stay and then we'll move on to your other threads on the board and those stays as well.

Have you not yet bid the MTE zone?

You state that it is acceptable but doesn't appear to be included in your previous bidding history.

Let us know and we'll advise on how to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Haven't bid MTE yet. Was just low ball bidding at first, in the top areas I wanted to be in. Now that I'm about 5-6 weeks away, I'm ready for a more serious strategy. Thanks for your help.

As far as price, would I have better luck bidding in other areas of Manhattan? I was choosing those locations based on proximity to the attractions I wanted to see, but NY is so well connected, that I'd consider other locations as well.

Downtown is often less expensive, but personally i wouldn't recommend making that commute to midtown everyday. It's not bad... but it will quickly become tiresome and seem much less convenient (because it is). Before consideiring Downtown i would look at Jersey City where, if available, you can really start to see some savings.

Most of MTS isn't too bad as far as getting to midtown on a daily basis, and there is still lots to do in the immediate area (unlike Downtown, which gets very quiet after the workday, and even more so on weekends).

Let us know which zones you ultimately decide to be acceptable and we'll suggest a bidding strategy. However, i'll add that your maximum bid amount is near the low end of the accepted range so you should probably try to include as many areas as possible to better your chances.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have one re-bid zone at the 3* level. If you''re not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE...

Select 3* MTS...

Select 3* UES...

Select 3* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTS...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and UES...

Select 3* MTW and MTS...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and UES...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and UES...

Select 3* MTW and UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and UES and UM/CPS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and UES and MTE...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130.

Any questions feel free to ask... good luck and let us know how it goes.

If the above is rejected, i'm not sure if you want to then try for a 2.5* for your complete stay, or if you want to first try splitting your bid for a 3*.

After using the strategy detailed above, I got the Paramount Hotel for $120 and didn't have to split my stay. Used the sbarn link.

One thing that got pretty annoying was after my bidding reached > $110, I kept getting a priceline prompt that told me to wait 15 minutes on whether or not my bid was accepted. This was a real time waster, and forced me to spread some my later bids over a few hours.

Thanks for all your help. Now its time for D.C. and Niagara.

Congratulatiosn on your win... glad it worked out for you and you didn't need to split your stay!

The 15 minute wait happens sometimes when there is a glitch in Priceline systems. If it makes you feel any beter, that is their old system... in other words, that is the way it always was. So imagine having to wait 15 minutes between every bid (good thing the savings were still worth it though! :) )

Enjoy your stay.... and thank you for using the links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]