Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Union Square East) Villa Florence

b_willi
By b_willi,
in

Never been to SF before so not sure if there is a must stay "area" over another? Just staying one night 7/10-7/11 on a return from Bandon Dunes.  Open to suggestions if there are better options to what's below:

Union Square East 4* 131/nt

Internet access, Fitness center, Business center, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, In-room accessibility

Union Square West 4* 181/nt

Internet access, Fitness center, Business center, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Original goal was to stay around 150/nt but anything under 200 is fine if it's worth the price increase for nicer place and better location.  All help/advice is greatly appreciated and once again, this site is amazing!

Best guess for the USE hotel would be the Villa Florence... for the USW property my guess would be the Warwick San Francisco.

Both of these are 'downtown' but some also look towards the Financial District for better rates and/or better value (you could then walk the 20 minutes to 'downtown' or take mass transit, which San Francisco does very well).  If this is a consideration i'm also seeing this 4 star Financial District hotel for $170/nite with Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center... best guess here would be the Le Meridien San Francisco, which gets very good reviews and would be a very substantial discount to prevailing rates.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for SF and going to pull the trigger today... can you use the $15 off $100 coupon with the following selections?  

Can you help me ID:

July 10-11

4* Financial - $166

Internet access, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Business center, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

4* USE - $132 (Was thinking this was Villa Florence that you help me ID previous but this ammenity includes "Boutique hotel" so didn't know if that changed the property)

Internet access, Fitness center, Business center, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, In-room accessibility

4* USW - $181

Internet access, Fitness center, Business center, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Contrary to what it appears, I'm not super hung up on star ratings and would take a 3* but none of the 3*'s are any cheaper in the areas I'm looking (Union and Financial).  As always, thank you for this site and I will update this thread with the winning property.

I'm seeing hotels at the same zones and prices as those above, but with fewer amenities listed for each... are you sure you're listing the correct amenity set for each of the properties above and/or are you using the EASY VIEW TAB at BiddingHelper.com to get the amenity sets?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am sorry!! I did use BiddingHelper.com's Easy View Tab but I combined both "Amenities include" and the "Full Amenities".  I was thrown off at the end where it says and more....

Version 2.0

4* Financial - $166

Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

4* USE - $132

Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, In-room accessibility

4* USW - $181

Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Thanks for your help and sorry for my ignorance!

No worries at all... we just like to make sure we're looking at the same hotel before researching (and also makes it easier/quicker to get a reply for future requests if you know exactly what information we need and where to find it :wink: )

Best guess/comments for each:

4* Financial - $166

==> Le Meridien

4* USE - $132

==> Villa Florence

4* USW - $181

==> no guess

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Booked the 4* USE and got Villa Florence as expected.  There might be nicer properties but V.F. has decent reviews and its location is hard to beat...  Only paying $150 after taxes and fees (using the site's $15 HOTWIRE discount) and just staying 1 night after a return from Bandon Dunes so the value seems more than fair for downtown San Francisco.

Thanks for the help from this site, it's the first place I start when I look to book hotels in major cities.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and at this price will work well for your short time in the area.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- for your smaller cities/non-PRICELINE/non-HOTWIRE purchases be sure to try our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com, it's really a great interface for finding the best value in any area

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]