Priceline Hotel: Unsuccessful Priceline bid 2/18-2/19 downtown Philly

mccarthys5
By mccarthys5,
in

Went through the Savings Barn/PRICELINE link and tried the following. Maybe this information will help someone else for the same dates. I was trying to get any 3* property in downtown Philly for 1 night, 2/18-2/19.

1st bid: 4* - $51 - rejected

2nd bid: added 3*, lowered price to $48, rejected

3rd bid: added Stadium area (free rebid), increased price to $55, rejected

4th bid: added Gloucester/Runnymede (free rebid), increased price to $58, rejected

I may just go via Hotwire for that night, they have a 3* in Center City East which looks to be the Crowne Plaza for $68/night + tax or maybe I'll wait a few more days and try Priceline again and see what happens. Just wanted the Board to know in case anyone else is trying to get a hotel for these days - maybe because it is President's Weekend, the prices may be higher than usual.

Thank you for letting us know of your failed bids and thank you for trying them thru the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

Rates at the Hyatt are somewhat high for this date, so if you do try Priceline again, i think you'll likely have to raise your bid to find success (although this is one of the 'trickier' hotels in that occaisioinally they sell very cheap rooms with their own rates high, and sometimes give on avaialbility to the opaque suppliers even with their rates low).

With so many re-bid zones available, i would at least increase you bid (gradually) to whatever price your back-up would cost you.

Keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]