Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile Area - River North) InterContinental Chicago

rgmbl13
By rgmbl13,
in

I was hoping someone might be able to help me determine what hotel I may be looking at. It is in Chicago Mag Mile River North area, 4* for $67 p/n. The amenities are: 

Boutique hotel / Business center / Fitness center / Restaurant(s) / Smoke-free rooms / Spa services / Free Internet / Accessible for visually impaired. It shows a 65% approval.

I looked at the Hotwire list and I think it could be 1 of 3: Dana Hotel & Spa, The Godfrey or Hotel Felix.

My wife and I will be visiting Chicago for the first time for our 15th Annivesary. We were told to stay in/around the Mag Mile area, but we are not sure where in the Mag Mile area

would be best. We have reservations at the Comfort Suites at 320 Michigan Ave already for $400ish as it seemed like a good deal(price & location), but not knowing, I continue

to look (I can cancel with no penalty).

Any help would be appreciated,

Ron

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Congrats on your anniversary! 

When I go to BiddingHelper.com, search for your dates, then click on "Hotwire Easy View", I'm seeing:

4.5* Downtown Chicago-River North $74 Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- Likely Intercontinental.  This property on the opposite side of the bridge from the Comfort Suites and about equal distance from the bridge. It is a huge property with a very rich history.

4.5* River North $67 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower

-- Likely Felix. This property is in a great location near tons of restaurants in River North, but the rooms are very small and reviews remain mixed.

While somewhat more expensive, I'm seeing a 4.5* for $92 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower in the Mag Mile N-Water Tower area.

-- This would be a possible match for the Sofitel, which would be a really nice result.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions. I'm very familiar with the city, as well and would be happy to answer any city questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Just booked using the HOTWIRE link - The Intercontinental - with fees, under $380. I am sure my wife and I will like the architecture of this property.

4.5* Downtown Chicago-River North $74 Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

Thank you AaronJB for your help.

Congrats on your success. 

Fantastic location, great choice and location couldn't be better. More on the history: http://www.icchicagohotel.com/History   I'd consider calling the hotel and seeing if you can get a room facing Michigan Ave.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]