Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Anaheim-Disneyland) Crowne Plaza

dave123
By dave123,
in

It's a 3-star, not 4-star. Made a mistake in the title...

Check-In Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Check-Out Date: Thursday, January 26, 2006

Your Offer Price: $53.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $53.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$13.48

Total Charges: $66.48

Not too bad you would think. But I got slapped with a "resort" fee of $9. No matter that the hotel looks everything but a resort, and that the Hyatt across the street is much nicer w/o the fee. Anyway, they said they can charge any fees they want, which is true (since we all check this little box saying that the price doesn't include addditional fees) but then, what's the point of using priceline if they can charge any price they want at the end? FYI, the fee is either for parking (which I didn't use, I was on business and took a cab), for business center (no use either), for shuttle to Disneyland (didn't go) or for some other reason they will invent (UNICEF or something). Whatever it is for, you won't know about it until you check out. Fortunately I was there for only one night.

They seemed so completely prepared to answer my questions that I am sure they must have tricked many customers before and this should end. Either on the side of priceline that should not include them among the 3* hotels for the area (there is a "resort" category for other cities, why not here?) or on the side of this hotel. Otherwise, it's an okay hotel. Seen better, seen worse

Although i agree that "Resort Fees" at some hotels are really getting out of hand (just saw a mandatory $1 for unlimited local calls... why not offer this as a hotel perk and include it in the rate?), $62 is still pretty good for a 3* hotel in this area.

However, i do believe hotels have to inform you of any resort fees at check-in time (or at least have it buried in something that you sign).

You may want to add some of your comments above to the HOTEL REVIEW section of the board as that is where users usually look first to learn about resort fees, and will also make sure others see this information as this page makes its way off the first page of this forum.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]