Priceline Hotel: 2* Austin (South-Airport) Woodward Hotel and Conference Center

cytoguy
By cytoguy,
in

Wow, what a real pain it was bidding for our winter escape (from VT) to Austin this weekend. My girlfriend and I've been bidding for over a week for this one, topping out at $70 for 4* hotels, and up to $65 for 3* in Downtown, Austin-North and Austin-South-Airport. All bids rejected, with many giving counteroffers, so I knew that we were close.

But, after spending only $158/RT for our plane tickets, we didn't really want to spend over $80/night total for a room. 4* rooms downtown were anywhere from $103-180 during this bidding period on Hotwire, and after seeing winning bids in the upper $40 range for 4* hotels as little as a month ago in Austin, I didn't think the rates would be so high. Must be a conference in town this weekend...

Anyway, after trying select 2.5* bids, which were rejected, I tried a lowball bid of $30 for a 2* in the airport zone, and it was accepted.

Mixed reviews on this place, but it sounds like they're remodeling. Hopefully the beds are comfy at the least :) We don't plan on spending much time in the room anyway, with so much to do in Austin...

Oh yeah, one more for the hotel list :)

Woodward Hotel And Conference Center (http://www.woodwardaustin.com/)

Check-In Date: Friday, January 27, 2006

Check-Out Date: Monday, January 30, 2006

Austin South - Airport

3401 South I-35

Austin, Texas 78741

512-448-2444

Your Offer Price: $30.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $90.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$21.65

Total Charges: $111.65

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]