Priceline Hotel: Priceline bids for Miami So. Beach March 2006

NAUTICALMAN
By NAUTICALMAN,
in

I read your tips on how to re-bid on priceline and they worked perfectly! The only problem was that I evidently didn't bid enough for a 4* room in March on South Beach. For 3/16 and 3/17/06, I bid on priceline in five different zones for 4* hotels knowing that South Beach was the only zone I bid on to have 4* hotels, and was unsuccessful with all bids: $90.00, $110.00, $125.00, $140.00 and $150.00. I was hoping for the Royal Palm because from what I could see, that seemed to be where most four star bidders on priceline ended up in South Beach. How much do I have to pay???

Does anyone know what the going rate on priceline would be and what hotel(s) I could expect to get in South Beach for March of 2006? Last week I tried the "re-bidding" system and bid five different times in five different zones all the way up to $150.00 and still didn't get anything. When I saw what other people had lucked out getting for a lot less I was suprised. (!)

As I mentioned in other topic, SoFlorida looks extremely busy through the Easter vacation period, and priceline bargains look scarce now. Just because someone got a good deal earlier won't help you now.

And, as I also mentioned earlier, before offering $150 for an unknown hotel, make sure you fully explore your traditional booking options (including things like the 50% off Entertainment Card deal). While it's no guarantee, $150 can usually get you a pretty decent hotel. I'd be very leery bidding that high on Miami Beach on priceline.

Thanks for the reply. I think maybe I'll just stay at the Blue Moon again. I've stayed there several times and have always been pleased with the hotel and the location. I just thought that maybe if I could get a 4* hotel ON the beach AND save seventy bucks or so on priceline, then it might be worth a try. You're right though...the fact that it's Easter break makes it tough to get a great deal in SoBe!

Thanks again for the info LoneStar. You were right about priceline bargains being scarce for March in SoBe. I ended up using thereuare's link to Quikbook and finding a great deal for the Park Central Hotel at a rate of only $150.00 for Thurs. and 165.00 for Fri. plus taxes. That was a savings of $65.00 per night over what every other travel site I checked was selling rooms there for!

Glad you found something, Nauticalman. Your experience confirms my theory that once your priceline bids start getting close to what you could book a decent room "conventionally," you're better off picking your own hotel.

As you discovered, there are good non-opaque deals out there. Alas, one has to search for them. I kind of prefer when priceline gives you an "insane" rate, but sometimes you've got to hunt!

BTW, the Park Central sure looks busy the next 2 months -- lots of sold out days. Either it's a very good hotel, or SoBe rooms are really scarce this winter!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]