Priceline Hotel: 4* or better in orlando

micheles
By micheles,
in

i have been very unsuccessful with my attempts to get a hotel in boston (april 1st - 4th) and am now wondering about travelling south to florida (it will most likely be warmer)

i have stayed at the renaissance at seaworld, the hyatt in WDW and the wyndham (WDW) and would like to avoid returning to the wyndham

what sort of bid/strategy should i try for a 4* or better (probably resort) and miss the wyndham?

i would like the dates april 1st to 6th but note that the gaylord palms is sold out on 4th - the renaissance is coming in at around $260 on the marriott site

i tried hotwire and they did not offer any 4* options at all - i wonder if i will strike out in orlando too!

any help or advice gratefully received

that is good news about the wyndham - it is/was certainly tired when we stayed there last summer

i suppose around $120 for somewhere nice - we have cheapo rooms in hilton head at $75 with tax so can afford a bit more if we need to

i don't know really - i've never been to florida i will act on advice from the experts

i do appreciate your help

sorry - having a dizzy moment - forgetting to say where we would like to stay

we aren't too fussy really - i don't think we'll do the parks again - we just want some sun and the chance to catch up on the seriously good florida shopping

we have stayed in WDW (Disney Dixie Landings), LBV (that was the wyndham palace - i think this was the area) also the Hyatt here (that was nice)

we have stayed at the Renaissance (International drive /Seaworld area) - and this would be my preference

i really want a nice hotel- with a nice pool area - that doesn't add on loads of extras in the way of resort fees etc

in an ideal world i would like the marriott at near Sea World but wouldn't know how to set about getting it

i said 4* or better - but i know some of the hotels are resorts (is this risky with priceline?)

i saw a hotwire 4* deal today at $129 (they say it saves $110 a night) - the facilities were

resort, fitness, internet access, tennis, laundry, restaurant, spa, golf, business centre

- is this the gaylord palms? (i spent ages looking at your hotel list earlier) - although this one does not have children icon

the dates are april 1st to 6th

thanks

sorry thereuare

the zone was Disney main gate/Champions gate - today i see one with the same icons but the price is a little more $133 (but no reference to how much you are saving)

There is also a 3.5 * at seaworld - $111 (customer favourite) restaurant, pool, fitness, business, laundry - could this be the crowne plaza?

thanks thereuare

the omni does look very nice - we will be making our bookings (all being well this evening)

fingers crossed that it is as you suspect - it looks just the job

just for information - what would you expect that i'd have to pay for the renaissance or marriott at seaworld - both resorts (would this be a priceline gamble - and are there any rogue resort hotels in this area? - if there are i'd get it!!))

thanks again

The Marriott is sold-out for your dates, and rates at the Renaissance (which doesn't come up often) are higher than when we've seen an accepted bid, so i can't say what it would take. We've only had these two hotels reported as Resort on the board so i don't know if there are any other 'rogue' resorts out there, but there always could be something that has been added or upgraded.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]