Hotwire Hotel: Magnificent Mile Area - River North area hotel 4 Star (12/28 to 12/31)

Msukc
By Msukc,
in

I am looking at booking this hotel and I think its intercontinental or sheraton; hoping its the Sheraton because the pool is better for kids.

2 adults and 2 kids (6 and 10)

Business center   Fitness center   Indoor pool(s)   Internet access   Pet friendly   Pool(s)   Restaurant(s)   Smoke-free rooms

Similar to these: Omni, sheraton, westin, hyatt and intercontinental

4 out of 5 star trip advisore and 95% hotwire recommended.

$83 per night with 3 nights being $312.90

Am I right the IC or Sheraton?

Thanks.

This would likely be the Sheraton.

The Intercontinental pool is an absolutely gorgeous, historic junior olympic pool. However, it is really for lap swimming and not for more casual swimming.

I'll also note a 3.5* for $60 in the same zone w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower.

-- Would likely be the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.  I now am looking 12/27 thru 12/30.

Please just continue this thread with your new dates. Once you win a hotel you can use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the board (only visible to the OP) to report your win with the hotel won, edit the topic title to reflect the correct dates, and provide any other details of your purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and keep us updated along the way and let us know how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK.  Here are my options now.  Dates 12/27-12/30.  2 adults, 2 kids.

First option

53%off Magnificent Mile Area - River North area hotelShow 85% recommended - 3.5 Star

$62 per night (vs normal $131)

Complimentary

Free Internet
Amenities

Business center   Fitness center   Indoor pool(s)   Pool(s)   Restaurant(s)   Self-service laundry
Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired

Similar to:  Crown plaza, double tree, Hyatt and Hilton

Second Option

36%offMagnificent Mile North - Water Tower area hotelShow 80% recommended - 4.5 star

Amenities

Boutique hotel   Business center   Fitness center   Indoor pool(s)   Internet access   Pet friendly   Pool(s)   Restaurant(s)   Self-service laundry

Similar to Sofitel, Luxury Collection, Intercontinental, and Le Meriden

Any idea what each of these are?

Please go to BiddingHelper.com, search for your dates, click on "Hotwire Easy View", then "Full Amenities" next to the listing.

For the 3.5* Mag Mile-RN area, if you see: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

-- Likely Holiday Inn Mart Plaza.

4.5* Mag Mile N-WT: If you see: Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Pet Friendly

-- Likely W Lakeshore.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

A 4.5* Mag Mile N-WT area w/Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Pet Friendly is likely the W. That property was recently renovated, giving it an entirely different look and feel.

The W properties aren't the most family-friendly, but I think it would be fine, especially if you're primarily looking for a nice place to sleep.

The location is okay; it's an easy walk to Navy Pier, but the problem with that in December is that there's little going on at Navy Pier, given that rides are not happening and it can be very bitter outside at the pier in the middle of Winter. There are some things going on inside at Navy Pier, but it will be fairly quiet. Not a huge fan of the Pier, I often recommend Lincoln Park Zoo and the Peggy Notabert Nature Museum instead.

Is a pool a must?

A 4.5* Mag Mile N-WT area w/Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Pet Friendly is likely the W. That property was recently renovated, giving it an entirely different look and feel.

The W properties aren't the most family-friendly, but I think it would be fine, especially if you're primarily looking for a nice place to sleep.

The location is okay; it's an easy walk to Navy Pier, but the problem with that in December is that there's little going on at Navy Pier, given that rides are not happening and it can be very bitter outside at the pier in the middle of Winter. There are some things going on inside at Navy Pier, but it will be fairly quiet. Not a huge fan of the Pier, I often recommend Lincoln Park Zoo and the Peggy Notabert Nature Museum instead.

Is a pool a must?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I agree on Navy Pier.  Its a summer time thing and rather cheesy.  Pool is kinda a must.  That is the drawback downtown chicago, pools are plentiful.  I have a friend that works at a nice hotel which I wont name.  She is working on getting us a club level room and the hotel has a good pool for kids.  If that falls thru, then W Lakeshore or Holiday inn may be in play.

I agree on Navy Pier.  Its a summer time thing and rather cheesy.  Pool is kinda a must.  That is the drawback downtown chicago, pools are plentiful.  I have a friend that works at a nice hotel which I wont name.  She is working on getting us a club level room and the hotel has a good pool for kids.  If that falls thru, then W Lakeshore or Holiday inn may be in play.

Thank you for keeping us updated - the Holiday Inn is a pretty nice property. It's somewhat out of the way in the SW corner of the zone, but the plus is that a number of rooms have great river views (or if you don't get river view, there's a little bar area next to check-in with a fantastic view of the river.)  

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]