Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City - Advise please!

threeset3
By threeset3,
in

I'm looking for a 3* hotel in the city. Ideally Times Square/ESB area but as long as it's in the city it's fine. (No long island / airports / preferably more south than upper east/west side)

Dates are for 1/8~1/11 total of 3 nights.

I located a 3* express deal in the ESB area for $65 with the description of just Pets Allowed.

Also found a hotwire listing for 3* in ESB area for $65 with the following description:

Internet access   Pet friendly   Self-service laundry   Smoke-free rooms 65% recommended

Accessible for visually impaired Accessible for hearing impaired In-room accessibility Wheelchair accessible Accessible bathroom

My guess is that those two listings are the same property and it is NH Jolly Hotel Madison Towers. What do you guys think? I've personally found some bad reviews about the hotel. Anyways I did see the exact same listing for $60 yesterday (on both sites again) so how should I approach in booking this property (or should I not)? Should I wait some more to see if the prices will fall again? Or should I use priceline bidding to try to scoop this up? In that case what should my strategy be? 

Thanks in advanced for any kind of help!!

I agree that both of these are likely the Nh Jolly Hotel Madison Towers... the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer will likely be a little cheaper all-in on account of a lower booking fee.

Nobody can say if the next $5 move for this hotel will be up or down, or if it disappears completely, but there is certainly more room for the price to go much higher than to go much lower, as this is just about the floor for NYC hotel rates (i don't recall seeing prices less than this, certainly not much less than this, except if there was a pricing error)

If you decide to bid on PRICELINE you have to be willing to accept any hotel at the star rating (or higher) in the zone(s) that you include in your bidding... it may not necessarily ultimately turn out to the same hotel offered above. If you decide you'd like to try the bidding route let us know and we can suggest a strategy for you to follow.... or you can send me a PM if you're willing to help us out in testing a new priceline bidding feature.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I thought about the options and I think I'm going to do the bidding for a 3.5*+ hotel with the max budget of $300 (preferably around $260).

I've seen quite a bit of 4* hotels in the $80 range located in the midtown area so I don't think this is impossible. 

Could you help me with a strategy? I'm willing to help out with the new thing that you are testing as long as it doesn't negatively affect my search!

The new site won't negatively impact your bidding... it's designed to improve your bidding. :)

Please let us know which zones, by PRICELINE name, you're willing to accept and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow (or direct you to our new site/tool)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The areas I desire are ESB, Hell's Kitchen, Madison sq garen, Midtown east, Midtown west, Times sq Theatre district

and maybe Chelsea, Greenwich Village, and Central park south.

Star rating is preferably 4* and nothing less than 3.5* (3.5* should be last resort, after trying the maybe regions above)

The areas I desire are ESB, Hell's Kitchen, Madison sq garen, Midtown east, Midtown west, Times sq Theatre district

You know your plans better than we do, but i would suggest having another look at the Hell's Kitchen zone, as many of the hotels i this zone are quite a bit west and don't provide that convenient access to the subway.

I'll send you a link to our new site/tool. :)

I'm fairly picky (and cheap).  I've stayed in the Jolly Madison a few times with reasonable satisfaction.  Once I got a room next to the elevator and asked for a change.  I think it's worth the risk if you want to save $$.  I actually booked it recently for late Jan. on Booking.com for about $90/night.

I actually booked it recently for late Jan.

Thanks for your post. It would be appreciated if you used the board's sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your future regular rate purchases (which also makes it easy to see your options near almost any address in the world and determine how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further from your ideal location)

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]