Priceline Hotel: 2.5* San Diego (Del Mar - Rancho Santa Fe) Holiday Inn Express and Suites Solana Beach

jb107756
By jb107756,
in

I was looking for a 2.5* or better, relatively inexpensive accommodation with free parking, internet and breakfast, walking distance to the ocean and to shopping, and close enough to  a Torrey Pines hotel for a meeting that I could get to using public transportation rather than having to park at the hotel's ridiculously expensive rate. Found this at PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals with an included fridge and microwave. Thought I might get a cheaper rate by bidding on PRICELINE for what I thought would be the same hotel. Bid $75 for 2.5* in the zone, rejected, then $79, rejected, so decided to go for the Express Deal to make sure I got the freebies listed above for $83.

Two blocks and stairs to the beach (no water view however), two blocks to the Cedros Avenue Design District using the pedestrian bridge over the railway tracks for shopping, and right on the #101 bus route to the Torrey Pines hotel for the meeting, 20 minutes door to door. In addition it is 7 blocks to the Solana Beach Amtrak station if we decide to go into San Diego and not drive.

Cheap, and LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal at a hotel that appears to work out quite well for your needs this trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List. Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this hotel and showed before your purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]