Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Jacksonville (Jacksonville Beach - Mayo Clinic) Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville Mayport/Beach

in

Price.line is getting worse and worse [and Hot.wire the same] in terms of pricing, while retaining horrible customer service.

They originally showed a 2.5* for $66, but once you click thru - surprise surprise! - it's now $75.  I went to regular priceline and bid $66 for that, but it came back and said I could re-bid for $78, still higher than the revised-upward Express offer of $75.  Beware as there are 3 Holiday Inn Express' in this huge "Jacksonville Beach" area, and this one the furthest from the beach although with a good reputation. 

I could have gotten the same Holiday Inn Express with a corporate discount for $84, so considering the extra Priceline fees [after they already pocket 50% of the base amount] I don't think I saved much, plus ended up non-refundable for 4 nights vs day of arrival cancelation until 4pm with the corporate rate.

All of this hassle, and little savings - and the hotels tend to treat you as a pariah when asking for a bed type, i.e. king vs booking regularly.  Yet another Pricline bait-and-switch?  Their Holiday Promotion to "unwrap the savings" by revealing the Priceline Express  property?  Turns out that is extremely rare - most are still unknown until purchase.  Yet another way they worm their way in by getting you to try to use the app [with built in ads] while delivering very little.

Amenities:

Free Breakfast

Free Internet (in Room)

Free Parking

Outdoor Pool

Non-Smoking

Gym

Handicap Accessible

Business Center

Sorry to hear you didn't find this one to be much of a deal, but fortunately just for one nite.

Thank you for sharing your win and experience with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]