Priceline Hotel: Destin 2 rooms needed 2/3/06-2/5/06 advice??

Gagnee
By Gagnee,
in

Need 2 rooms in the Destin/Ft Walton area 2/3/06-2/5/06. Wanted the Hilton Sandestin Resort but when I bring up Priceline for Destin 3 star is the highest rating an no resorts listed?? Has the Hilton stopped participating in Priceline or has the star rating been lowered?? Hotwire lists a 3.5 star resort in Destin but the amenities list it as being "near beach" I thought the Hilton Sandestin was on the beach? Could the Hotwire hotel be the Ramada??

Wanted to spend no more than $60.00 p/nite per room. Could stay in Gulf Shores but I hear the area is still pretty hammered from the hurricanes.....

I would like to try 4 the Hilton, are there other 3 star hotels in the area I might get??

I can direct book the Hilton for $89

Hotwire lists the following amenities for $82:

Resort

Suite

Near Beach

Property is located within easy walking distance of a beach.

Restaurant(s)

Pool(s)

Fitness Center

Spa Services

Kitchenette

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

I can direct book the Hilton for $89
I asume you mean the Hilton which is the link from our support page and helps keep this site online)

The Hotwire hotel above is a match for the Hilton. If you still want to try Priceline...

You have one re-bid zone available at the 3* level, i woudl...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55.

If rejected i would wait out 72 hours and try again, increasing each bid by $10.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I can't say... it is the only 3* hotel reported in this area, but as this area is not bid daily, so it's difficult to say if there are others. Priceline's "Shop and Compare" service also shows two other 3* properties in this zone, but it is unknown if these hotels also participate in the opaque "name your own price" service as well.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have a backup reservation that I can cancel if I get a priceline room. I will try the 3 star tomorrow after I get a firm commitment as to if I need 1 or 2 rooms. Other priceline reporting sites are indicating the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is also showing up (Bayside). It does not have nearly as nice reviews as the Hilton.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]