Priceline Hotel: Just curious about bidding strategies

kathylu
By kathylu,
in

Hi all. I just wondered if anyone knows if bid price levels are equivalent among all the priceline sites? For instance, let's say I bid on a 5* room in Hamburg for $85 and win. Would a person in the UK bidding 47 GBP (that's roughly $85) be successful? Or a person in Germany bidding 66 euros ($85)? Just curious. Also, is it possible to bid on more than one priceline site for the same room? Or do you have to live in the country you are bidding from? Just curious...thanks!

Also, what if you live in a country that doesn't have a priceline site (Luxembourg, for example)? How would you place bids then?

As far as I know, you can't bid on any priceline site in Euros. I live (most of the time) in Germany and have always bid on the US site (using a German credit card, but altering the registration information to fit -- zip code, state, etc.) in dollars. Hamburg, Zurich, Prague have all been won for me using dollars.

Last week I tried using the UK site to duplicate a refused bid on the US site and I received the message that I had already bid and my offer wasn't valid. Guess I'lll have to wait.

I have both a PL US and UK account, though bid mostly on the UK one.

There seems to be little difference in prices bewteen the two.

The US site lets you insure your trip and also has Add a night feature whilst the UK has neither of these.

I did find an interesting difference though when bidding in Tucson

Strange

I tend to plan my trips wayyyyyyyyyyyyy in advance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]