Priceline Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (West Ft Lauderdale - Plantation - Sawgrass Mills) Bonaventure Resort and Spa

gemo5566
By gemo5566,
in

I can see in the Priceline Express deals a 4* hotel that I want to avoid that is less expensif than the 3.5* in the list

if I bid on " name your own price" for a 3.5* , is it possible that I will be given the 4* ? if so , is there a way to avoid this ?

The 3.5* doesn't show up anymore in the express deals and I want to try to get it with bidding , it's in the Weston Plantation area in Ft Lauderdale and I don't want the Bonaventure hotel ( got the doubletree for other dates on my trip that has better reviews )

thanks in advance for your answer

Upgrades to the next highest star rating are not reported all the time, but they absolutely can happen and there is no way to avoid the possibility. If you don't want a particular hotel at all, I'd suggest HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS, where you can make an educated guess as to which properties are showing.

What are the dates you need for this stay and your target budget? (per nite before taxes/fees)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I am looking for a 3 night stay arriving January 15th in the Ft Lauderdale or Miami area

I usually end up getting a room in a good 3.5* or 4* hotel for something between $80.00 to $110.00 plus taxes

got the Doubletree Sunrise for my one night stay arriving january 23th for $110.00 taxes included

just want to avoid getting the Bonaventure in Weston that doesn't have very good reviews

always use the PRICE.LINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin my search

With the rates i'm currently seeing for these dates i think an upgrade on a 3.5* bid may be likely.

Your options come down to:

-not bid this zone (or choose an entirely different area, such as Miami, if this also works for your needs this trip)

-use PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE (if/where you can 'safely' avoid any hotels you don't want to stay at)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you would like to proceed and we will try to be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

tried anyway to bid on the 3.5* for a little under the 4* rate on expressdeals and got the 4*

the hotel has many mixed reviews , but as I am in this area at least once a year , I took the risk to bid and maybe end up with this one , so now I will know how good or bad this hotel is for future travels

the hotel has a $17.00 a night resort fee that Priceline took of my invoice and that I have to pay at the hotel

• 2 months later...

11 minutes ago, viabib said:

Gemo5566,

How was your stay at the hotel? How did you like it? I searched in this same area and the 4* hotel is cheaper then the 3.5* hotel. So, I think that the 4* hotel is the Bonaventure. 

I aprecciate any advice you can give me.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Rates and inventory can vary significantly from day-to-day, so the original poster's dates are not going to reflect what prices and options may be like for your dates. Please start a new thread with the details of your stay and we would be happy to take a look and offer our thoughts.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

hi Viabib

it wasn't bad at al , better than the reviews on Tripadvisor

it is more a resort or timeshare than a hotel and not really a 4* to my experience but the room was clean and comfortable 

the only thing bothering me was the connecting room , sound was not isolated , when the neighbours talked it was if they where standing next to me ( not kidding!)

for the rest of the hotel , didn't go anywhere else than my room so don't know if the pool area or restaurants are any good

would stay here  again if rates are better but would ask for a not connecting room

hope this helps you are anyone else

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]