Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City Airports (JFK) Radisson Hotel JFK Airport

maynger
By maynger,
in

Hey! I was hoping you could help me identify this 3 star hotel for 2/25/2016 - 2/26/2016 and also for March 4 - 5  2016 The price is the same for both nights.

amenities: business center, airport shuttle, free breakfast, fitness ctr, free internet with bed choice available. express price is $119.00 what should I start mt bid at? I would like to keep it under $75 if possible.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

A few thoughts:

1. If you'd like to bid, there's no guarantee that you will get the same hotel as the one showing on PRICELINE EXPRESS.

2. Are you gong on both dates or are you trying to consider one or the other? If you need a hotel for both dates, we will use this thread for the nite of Feb 25 and please start a new thread for the March date and we would be happy to help there.

3. If you are seeing rates around $120 on PRICELINE EXPRESS, $75 can be tried but may not be realistic.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

We have added a night before and a night after our Israel trip flying out of JFK. I will start a new thread for the March 4th date. 

I wanted to know what hotel you would think this would be and I know there is no guarantee it would be the same one. We may bookat the express rate, it even though its more, if its the hotel we prefer. Also that guarantees us an airport shuttle. Thanks!

I'm not certain of this property, perhaps the Hampton Inn or the Fairfield Inn, but i'm not certain.

Do you plan on heading to Manhattan during your stop over or is this just a place to get some rest between flights?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Manhattan rates are not high for these dates (relatively speaking) and i would highly recommend staying in Manhattan instead of out by JFK... there is nothing of value around JFK, getting back at nite you have limited options (subway on that route wouldn't be recommended if heading back late at nite), and you would have a much better experience and better use of your time in Manhattan. The only reason to stay by JFK is if you have a very early flight.

GO BLUE! (my first college roommate was from Warren, MI)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So. If we take a train to Penn Station, I am thinking we would want to stay in Chelsea area, does that sound right? What I found in the Chelsea area for a 4 star was one PRICELINE EXPRESS deal with the following amenities: restaurant, business center and free internet for $121.00. Which hotel do you think this might be?

So if I was to bid on a 4 star with those amenities what would be a good bidding strategy? Starting bid? Please help!

Should I change this thread to 4 star Chelsea (or whatever else is close to Penn station) for 2/25- 2/26/16?

So if I was to bid on a 4 star with those amenities what would be a good bidding strategy? Starting bid? Please help!

You can't bid for 'a hotel with these amenities', as per above, if you decide to bid for a hotel you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose.

It comes down to what is more important to you for this stay... the lowest possible price (by bidding on PRICELINE) having a guess as to the hotel you may receive (and/or knowing some other information like user reviews and/or amenities) before your purchase and willing to pay a little more for that information (by using PRICELINE EXPRESS)

If you're willing to pay up a little i would suggest this 3.5* Madison Square Garden hotel for $108/nite with: Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center. More importantly than the amenities of this property, this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer has a user review rating of 9.0+ which is excellent... my guess for this one would be the Distrikt Hotel (which gets great reviews). This would be less then a 10 minute walk from Penn Station, or if you couldn't walk with your luggage, it would be a $5-$6 taxi ride... alternately you could take a shuttle from JFK --> Port Authority (40th St and Eight Ave) and be a block from the hotel (although keep in mind the shuttle travels on the roadway and NYC traffic is unpredictable and can be awful)

If you let us know your maximum bid we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

• 5 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

As per your reply to your priceline win for the beginning of your trip, i have edited the topic title of this thread to reflect your win on the return leg of your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]