Hong Kong Harbour Plaza Kowloon Central

Chris26WI
By Chris26WI,
in

This is really an excellent hotel... very big and elegant lobby with nice harbour views (though not towards the exciting part of HK Island)! Excellent staff - even the bellman called me by name several times eventhough we were really not the only guests (and stayed just for one night). Check-In fast and friendy, I pre-arranged an upgrade (for 300HK$++ extra to the PL price) to a Deluxe Harbour View room (double-upgrade) and was upgraded upon check-in once more (for free) to a Harbour Club View room! Nice!

The room itself was quite large and comfortable. The furniture was more in traditional (international) style, but of good quality (excellent condition) and elegant. Everything was provided (slippers, bath robes, ironing board and iron, umbrella, in-room-safe, coffee-/teemaker, minibar, nice large TV). The bath room was very nice as well, very big, with separate shower cubicle and large bath tub (for HK relation), a lot of mirrors.

The harbour view itself was however a bit disappointing as the view is towards the less interesting part of HK Island (north), but well, it was foggy that day too, so might be nicer when sunny. The pool looked very interesting, but it was for sure too cold now in December to take a swim.

The only little drawback of the hotel is the LOCATION, it's really quite far from Nathan road, central TST... Well, ok the hotel provides a shuttle bus to TST.. but anyway... you can walk to Whampoa pier and take a ferry from there to HK Island, ok... but still, it's not TST. However, if you're not a first-comer to H. K. and you're not into Nathan road so much.. it might be a nice alternative to stay... - shopping in Whampoa is nearby with many shops and restaurants (for sure less expensive than the ones on Nathan road).

If I had to choose between the Sheraton, the JW Marriott and the Harbour Plaza, and wouldn't take into account the location, I would for sure go for the Harbour Plaza.. but taking into account the location the other two hotels are for sure the better choice.

Photos

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]