Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* - Magnificent Mile Area - River North

lukev
By lukev,
in

Google puts the distance at .6 miles.

You can use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com, search for Chicago, and then filter by 'Sheraton' and 'Palomar'... you'll then easily see the two hotels on the map and how close they are to each other.

... or alternatively you could search 'within 1 mile' of the address of the Sheraton, and then use the price and star rating filters to see your options that are within close proximity.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks.  I travel there fairly often and have stayed at The Ivy, which I liked quite a bit.  Was hoping that was a match.  I've stayed at a few other Palomar hotels, but not Chicago.  My event is at the Sheraton, but they are full.  Is this in close proximity?

If it is the Palomar, I don't think it's a bad walk. There are other appealing/cheaper options though - I will get some options together and list some options from both PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE options a little later this evening.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Edited to add: pulling together a list - will post in a little while.

HOTWIRE

4* Loop $156 Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower

-- Possible match for the Club Quarters Wacker/Michigan. This property does have small rooms, but a tremendous location right by the Michigan Ave bridge. Would be an incredibly easy walk to the Sheraton.

4.5* Mag Mile N-WT $240 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower

-- Possible match for the Sofitel - while further from the Sheraton, one of the nicest properties in the city.

4.5* Mag Mile n-WT $260 Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Pet Friendly

-- Possible match for the W Lakeshore - while an easy walk from the Sheraton, expensive for this property.

4.5* Millennium Park-Grant Park-Downtown $210 Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower

-- Likely Swissotel. This would be a great option across the river from the Sheraton. You could just walk directly across the bridge across the street of the hotel.

4.5* Mag Mile N-WT $215 Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

--- Likely Omni. This would also be a great option and a reasonably easy walk to the Sheraton. All suite property, right on Michigan Ave.

So I think there are cheaper options worth considering, including a couple that would be a particularly easy walk to the Sheraton. The potential Omni would also be a terrific, cheaper option that I'd recommend over the potential/possible Palomar.

You may see slightly different prices than I do on HOTWIRE

I'm not seeing much on PRICELINE EXPRESS, including some overlapping options. There is a 3.5* for $155 in the Mag Mile-RN area w/Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center. This would be a possible match for the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza (which wouldn't be good in terms of the Sheraton) or the AC Hotel (which would be pretty good.) I'd lean towards the latter, but either is possible.

Man, I really appreciate the time/effort/energy you have put forth here.  I somewhat regretfully have to inform you that my assistant was able to get me in the conference block at the host hotel (Sheraton) given a cancellation by another attendee.  This is obviously not my preferred hotel, but for the sake of convenience and simplicity, it's the best option.  Thanks again for your help.  I have an upcoming stay in Sacramento for which I could use some assistance; understanding that you don't live there!

-LV

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]