Priceline Hotel: 4* Dublin Sep 29-1, Oct 3-7

FirstAidKid
By FirstAidKid,
in

Hi,

I am trying to bid for a room from Sep 29 to Oct 1and Oct 3 to Oct 7 in Dublin. (Also have to bid for a hotel in London from Oct 1 - Oct 3)

Is there anyway that can help me bid for the same hotel?

preferably 4*, but if I want to only stay in City Center, is my only option bidding for a 5*?

There is basically no rebid zone for 4* so what is the best approach to bid for a 4* in city center?

Bidding Strategy for 5*
1 - CC $100

2 - CCS $100

3 - CCN $100
4 - CC & CCS $105

5 - CC & CCN $105
6 - CC & CCS & CCN $110

Can someone confirm that the above strategy is correct (method wise)?

Thank you,

Tim

To confirm i understand you correctly... you want to be at the same property for each of your 9/29-10/1 stay and 10/3-10/7 stays?

If i may ask, what is the reasoning behind needing the same hotel for each stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are correct that there are no Dublin rebid zones at the 4* level. 

BUT, the ones you are suggesting using at the 5* level aren't the right ones for that level.  

I'm assuming your example bid numbers are hypothetical since the Priceline Express 5* CC for your first set of dates is currently $369?

You can now bid every two hours, so even without rebid zones you may have time to bid successfully.  You'd have to research carefully and start at a reasonable number, then use 

One way to stay in the same hotel for two different ranges of date would be to bid for the full range from Sep 29 through Oct 7, leaving your room empty those two nights while you are in London.  Another is to bid for one of the date ranges, and then purchase directly from the hotel for the other date range.   Neither is a great option.   I'll be curious to read your response to thereuare's question.  

Romelle

To confirm i understand you correctly... you want to be at the same property for each of your 9/29-10/1 stay and 10/3-10/7 stays?

If i may ask, what is the reasoning behind needing the same hotel for each stay?

Since I'm flying RyanAir to London, I would like to leave my bigger luggages in the hotel locker or something for those 2 days, not sure if they would let me do that if I'm already checked out/ or 2 days before I check in.

What did you mean? You mean the price isn't right or the rebid zone I am using is not right?

One of the rebid zones in your example is not right.  

When on Priceline, if you select just one of the rebid zones in your example, you will see that it can currently be bid at the 5* level.  That means it is possible to win a 5* hotel in that zone.  

Since you are getting pretty short on time - the problem one is CCS.  If you select just CCN, it currently can't be bid at the 5* level so is safe as a rebid zone for that star level.  

Romelle

If you want to try to stay in the same hotel for each leg of your stay you can't do this by bidding on PRICELINE... but you can possibly do it via PRICELINE EXPRESS and/or HOTWIRE.

If you search both for each set of dates (you can use our BiddingHelper.com to search both services with only one search) you can see if what appears to be the same hotel is offered (based upon the star rating, zone, amenities, and any other clues provided in the details shown) for each leg.

Do you see anything within your desired star rating, zone, and budget that is offered for both sets of dates... or do you prefer bidding for each leg of this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]