Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park) Central Loop Hotel Chicago

peechfish
By peechfish,
in

Hello,

I am looking to book a 4* hotel in the Loop (if possible) for 11/11/15 to 11/15/15 for a conference at the Hyatt, and came across two deals. Can you help identify the hotels for me and advise on whether I should jump on them? I LOVE THIS FORUM.

On HOTWIRE:

4* Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park area hotel $137/nt

Free Internet   Business center   Fitness center   Restaurant(s)   Self-service laundry   Smoke-free rooms

On PRICELINE:

4 Star Hotel Magnificent Mile - River North Area $135/nt
Free Internet  Fitness Center  Restaurant  Business Center

Thanks,

-Adrienne

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

4* Downtown 

--- If you click on the listing, then click "book now", then "see all amenities", do you see:

Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry

-- If so, this listing hasn't been ID'd/reported, but I'm guessing that the Silversmith may have been upgraded to 4*.

4* Mag Mile PRICELINE EXPRESS

-- This listing hasn't been ID'd/reported, but the Westin Michigan Ave would be a guess.

A few thoughts:

Hot.wire 4* Mag Mile N-WT $121 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

-- This would likely be the Public. This is not near the Hyatt, but you could take a reasonable cab ride to the Hyatt or there's a subway a few blocks away and then you can walk the rest of the way.

4.5* Mag Mile N-WT $155 Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Pet Friendly

-- This would likely be the W Lakeshore. Would be a reasonably quick, very nice walk to the Hyatt on Wacker. If you cross the bridge at Columbus over the river, there is a stairway up on the other side and at that point you're practically at the Hyatt.

Please let me know if you have any questions (city or hotel - I'm very familiar with Chicago) before booking.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your quick response!

4* Downtown - the amenities listed when I click "Room type" are:

Free Internet  Smoke-free rooms  Fitness center  Restaurant(s)  Business center  Self-service laundry  Internet access

So does that sound like the Silversmith? The location on that one is pretty great...

Unfortunately, I think the Public is a bit too far for me if I want to go back and forth between presentations, but of course, the price is nice. :)

Would it be worth naming my own price around the $150 mark to try and get a 4.5* Downtown?

-A

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your quick response!

4* Downtown - the amenities listed when I click "Room type" are:

Free Internet  Smoke-free rooms  Fitness center  Restaurant(s)  Business center  Self-service laundry  Internet access

So does that sound like the Silversmith? The location on that one is pretty great...

Unfortunately, I think the Public is a bit too far for me if I want to go back and forth between presentations, but of course, the price is nice. :)

Would it be worth naming my own price around the $150 mark to try and get a 4.5* Downtown?

-A

The 4* has not yet been ID'd/reported. The Silversmith upgraded from the level it was previously reported would only be a guess.

If you bid for a 4.5* in either of the two main downtown zones, you could wind up close to the Hyatt, but there's also the chance you could wind up a good trek away. 

While splitting your stay is not optimal, if you search for 11/13-15, there's a 4.5* in the Downtown-MP-GP area for $145 on HOTWIRE w/Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower.

-- This amenity set has been seen with the Swissotel. If the Swiss, that hotel is literally a few doors down from the Hyatt. This only appears for 11/13-15.

For 11/11-13, there's a 4* on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $137 w/Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center. This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported, but a guess would be the Marriott Mag Mile.

I see a 4* in the Loop for $134 for 11/12-15 w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower.

--- This would be a potential match for the Club Quarters Wacker/Michigan. $155 if you search for all the days together. 

I also see what appears to be the James for $159 (4.5*, Mag Mile/RN w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly), but for 11/12-15 only.

Please let me know if you have any questions before booking. You will likely see slightly different prices than I do on HOTWIRE.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]