Hong Kong Cosmopolitan Hong Kong Island West

Chris26WI
By Chris26WI,
in

Well, I was quite disappointed from the Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong; before arrival I arranged an upgrade to a Deluxe Room at 300HK$++ per night surcharge as it looked nicer from their website, and standard rooms seem to offer only twin beds and a "frosted window" (to prevent a view to the nearby cementary). The Deluxe room (with "city view") we got was on the 3rd floor near a busy road (not really quiet at night and during the day); it looked quite small and the modern design was nice only on the first view (it you don't look too much into detail). Finally all the furniture and lamps etc. seem to be of quite cheap quality and so did the bath room. Though being a quite new hotel, the rooms showed already symptoms of distinct usage (small damages on the furniture, stains on the floor and the curtains etc). The view was not really astonishing (see photo).

The location is well, not really hip, but well, a 10 minutes walk to Causeway Bay station near Times Square. Nothing special around the hotel; Times Square offers some shops and a cinema, but it's nothing in comparison to other malls in Hong Kong. There's a bus stop just around the corner or practically in front of the hotel (depends on which direction you want to go) which is quite conveniant if you're into going by bus. Bus number 6(and 6X etc.) which heads for Repulse Bay and Stanley stopps there and so its quite easy to get to the southern part of HK Island. Admirality MRT station is one stop from Causeway, so it's also ok, but it's just not as great as location as other 4-star and 5-star priceline hotels in Hong Kong. The hotel runs a shuttle bus to Causeway Bay MRT and to the Airport Express station (Central - Hong Kong station), but we didn't use it.

Check-In was rather unfriendly though efficient and fast, check-out took some time was finally succeeded. We didn't take dinner in the hotel nor breakfast so I cannot say anything about that.

All over, I would prevent this hotel in Hong Kong for sure - except if you get it to a really cheap price and want to stay on HK Island.

Photos

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]