Hotwire Hotel: 4* Miami (Beach) Hotel Croydon

Jim333
By Jim333,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

So we can replicate your search, please reply with the date(s) of your stay and we will have a look at this offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Free Internet

Near Beach

Shuttle

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Hi-Speed Internet

... if this is what you're seeing, a property with this amenity set has not yet been reported to the board, but the Hotel Croydon looks like a good fit and would be my best guess.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No way to know that it will be on HT for your dates and I'd be surprised if HT offered rooms for less than HOTWIRE rates. Additionally, you're also looking a considerable ways in advance and this listing may not be available next week or next month.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Issue I'm grappling with is that I'm only 75% sure trip will happen. I'll know better when I'm a lot closer. 

What do last minute rooms cost in high-season Miami Beach on weeknights? I'll only be there one night, for a stopover. Will I wind up having to pay a lot more than $150 for something decent near beach?

...I'm only 75% sure trip will happen. I'll know better when I'm a lot closer.

Unless you're willing to lose the entire amount pre-paid i would hold off and wait until your plans are firm. In the meantime use our sister site RefundableRates.com to book a back-up hotel which is fully refundable (usually up until 1-3 days before your trip)... this gives you something that you're happy with at the moment, protects you from rates rising from here, gives you the ability to take advantage of a lower PRICELINE / HOTWIRE deal down the road once your plans are firm, and doesn't cost you anything should your plans not materialize.

Note that the crossed out rate is an average price of hotels of this star rating in the zone for your dates, NOT necessarily the rate of the hotel currently being offered.

... so the crossed-out rate really doesn't have anything directly to do with the specific hotel currently being offered.

However, it's a moot point if your plans are not yet firm and you're not ready to commit as the price could go up/down any number of times, or this offer could disappear entirely, between now and the time you're ready to move forward.

The "regular rate" is a compilation of comparable hotels for the area for your dates. It is not an indicator of a particular hotel.

If the same hotel is down to $127, do you want to take a chance that it may ramp up again? At some point, prices have a floor and there's more risk to the upside. Or inventory may run out and the deal may be gone completely. 

For the current 4* this is the amenity set i'm seeing:

Free Internet

Near Beach

Shuttle

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Hi-Speed Internet

... if this what you're seeing, i'll stick with my guess of the Hotel Croydon.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]