Hotwire Hotel: Chicago Hotwire

chillie72
By chillie72,
in

Hi,

I used your bidding helper to get a full list of amenities for the following find on Hotwire in downtown Chicago.  Any idea on which hotel? 

2 nights
Dates: 9/26-9/28
4* Downtown-Millennium Park-Grant Park
$169/night
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Thank you!
Sherri

Thank you!  We are going to the Chicago Gourmet 9/26 and 9/27 so were looking for something close to Millennium Park.  At least 4 stars and didn't want to spend more than $200 and no less than if possible but understand I'm starting this process late.  Our favorite in this area is the Radisson Blu. They Hyatt and Sheraton are OK and believe the Hyatt choice is there on Hotwire but just seems super expensive now.  Would rather not stay at the Palmer House.  We're open to staying at a newer, less familiar property.  The Club Quarters Loops didn't appear to be the 4* property it was rated, IMO.  OK, now good luck with a suggestion - LOL!  

BTW, River North would also be a last resort.  Thanks again for your help. 

I guess my feeling regarding downtown is that it's really not that far from North of the river to South of the river and cabs are fairly reasonable/(unless its rush hour) plentiful. 

That said, unfortunately, these dates aren't any better in terms of rates North of the river (for example, if something was $200 South of the River and a more appealing hotel was $175 North of the river, I'd say go for the more appealing hotel and use the difference for cabs.) 

Some thoughts on what I'm seeing:

4.5* Mag Mile N-WT $200 Boutique, Restaurant, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet. 

-- Possible match for the Ivy, which is a newer and uniquely small (only a few rooms per floor) property at the bottom of this zone. Great reviews, great location.

4* Loop $196. Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- Possible match for the Allegro. Nice Kimpton hotel, but there's really nothing going on in this area on nights and weekends. At this point, I'd rather $4 more for the potential Ivy.

4* Loop $185 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Pet Friendly

-- Possible match for the W City Center. Sort of the same area problem as the Allegro, but a bit cheaper and this property was given a pretty substantial makeover a couple of years ago - it was a very different looking hotel and probably one of the most visually dark hotels I've ever seen pre-makeover.

There's also a 4* in the Loop with just boutique and fitness for $171. There's really nothing much to go on there and nothing has been reported with that amenity set, but a somewhat cheaper option on an expensive set of dates. Not seeing much on PRICELINE EXPRESS - there's a 4* in the Millennium Park area for $177 but it keeps giving me the "no more inventory" message when I click on it.

Please let us know if any of the above are of interest and if you have any questions before booking.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]