Hotwire Hotel: 5* Amsterdam (City Centre - Dam Square) Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel

Cindy_M
By Cindy_M,
in

This was a Hotwire End of Summer Sale Hot Rate advertised by Hotwire as:

5 Star

Regularly $508 per night, on sale for $223 per night, saving 56% off of the regular rate

Fitness, Business, Internet

No where can I find where the Renaissance sells for $508 per night, so this was a huge let down.  On their regular booking engine, Hotwire is currently selling this hotel for $246 per night, the direct Marriott rate is $209.  Hotwire is advertising other hotels in the $500 range, such as De L'Europe for $508 per night, The Hotel Sofitel Legend for $530, The Andaz Amsteram Prinsenfracht for $477, etc.

I've been on the hold with Hotwire waiting for a manager for the last hour trying to resolve it, first customer service person did ask if I took a screen shot, unfortunately I did not.  Now I know, before booking anything opaque, to take screen shots!

I hope this was a genuine mistake on Hotwire's part, not a bait and switch.  Buyer beware!

I did book through the HOTWIRE link from this site, don't know if there is any tracking here that could help.

Just spoke with a manager at Hotwire.  He stated based on their terms of use, they are within their rights to advertise prices for the room you are buying using a "broad" range of all hotels in the area even if the hotel you are getting does not sell for that price.  I will know next time I want to buy a hotel room from Hotiwire (which I won't, I don't see the benefit of using them at this point), just because the selection chosen says the hotel sells for a certain price, it may likely not in all actuality.  

Sorry to hear you're disappointed in the outcome of this one.

Unfortunately the information you received is correct as the crossed out rate is not the price of the specific hotel being offered, but an average rate of hotels of this star rating in the zone for your dates.

Feel free to ask the board for help before your future HOTWIRE (or PRICELINE EXPRESS if you decide to not use hotwire in the future) as we can help you take an educated guess as to what you may receive before your purchase and hopefully have more a satisfactory outcome.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]