Priceline Hotel: Please ID Bratislava hotel

nootor
By nootor,
in

We haven't seen much activity in this area so can't be certain, but my guess for the 3* would be the Botel Marina... i don't have a guess for the 4* property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or the links in our Support Page if you decide to use Expedia or any of the other sites listed there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've been there a couple times.  A long time ago was a day-trip boat tour from Vienna, and the second several years ago was I was moving east to west tracking my bicycling son.  I think the second time was boat in and bus out.  Either day trip or overnight is quite doable.  Bus is just over an hour.  Boat a little more time, but if you take a boat do some research first.  I picked the fastest one for the day trip, and saw almost nothing along the way since the water spray blocked the windows out.  Slow is better for a boat.  Maybe bus one way and slow boat the other?  Assuming you don't have a car?  www.rome2rio.com is always a good place to start looking for transportation options.

There are nice historical tours there.  Too long since I've done that, so can't give any current tour companies.  But if you'd like a guided tour, I'm sure some quick searching would turn up some options.  

The canon ball stuck in the wall of the City Hall from the Napoleonic troupes is amazing.  

The Novy Most (new bridge) provides a spectacular view from the observation deck, and the bridge itself is interesting.  The restaurant delightful.  

The castle was closed when I was last there, and I'm wanting to go back just to visit that.

Try searching on "bratislava tourist attractions" and I'm guessing you will find all sorts of things that will particularly interest you.

The city is quite clean with lots of greenery and flowers. 

I personally like to spend enough time at a place to get a feeling for it.  Sit, watch, listen and "let it flow by me".  Walk all over.  On the other hand, lots of people like quick stops and just hit the top 2 or 3 standard tourist things.  

And then there is taking away from your time in Vienna - definitely difficult, as Vienna is pure magic in my opinion.  You've a tough decision.  

Romelle

PS - I'm a member here, not a board official.  All opinions are strictly my own.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]