Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Times Square - Theater District) Hyatt Times Square

iamhefty
By iamhefty,
in

Hi all.

I am going to New York real soon 8-16 to 8-21 and was looking for some guesses on the hotels

4.5* $230 Times Square - free internet

5* $239 Midtown Central - free internet business center Pet Friendly Restaurants fitness center

2 adults one child.

My daughter is 10 and was also wondering what area would be better for her 1st visit to New York as well.

I am tossed between the two option and locations.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

I am tossed between the two option and locations.

Personally would I go with MTC. I wouldn't like to live in the buzz around TS. I think it's better to stay in another area and then visit TS when I want.

For both hotels. I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities, as well as the price, in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

The difference between the MTC zone and the Times Square zone is negligible and I can almost guarantee that your daughter won't care which zone she stays in... she will be happy to be on vacation and enjoying everything there is to do in NYC.

Please confirm the amenity set for the hotel(s) above and we will have a look at each... and please read your messages before replying (which will also remove there red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotwire is a tricky dog.

The prices did not line up with the bidding tool prices so I could not correctly compare.

But I found on the android app you do get many more amenities.

I bit the bullet before this and ended up with the hyatt times square.

I figured it was in the thick of things.

For fun when I was at work today I saw a five star for $211 in MTC since gone now that on my trip would have saved me about 120 total.

I need to apologize too. I thought I found it with the additional amenities in the app but when I look that one just says "pet friendly" and that disqualifies the Hyatt.

I checked the bidding helper today and they all say pet friendly when the Hyatt is not.

I think if I get high up it will be my oasis away from the craziness but I think my daughter will love the excitement.

Part of me does wish I could have snagged that 5 star and save the 100+ bucks however and had a hair more quietness.

Part me also wonders if we should look at total prices as the fees on Hotwire can make lower class hotels cost more than just directly getting a place.

Seems more to be a tool when you are shooting high.

I also figure the worst 5 or 4 can be nowhere near as bad as the worse 3.

Congrats on your success. 

Nice win and hope the hotel will work out okay for your travel plans. 

Under the trip information in your Hot.wire account, do you see internet + free internet?

I'm not seeing a $211 in MTC, but the cheapest I'm seeing is $228, but that listing has a $40 a night resort fee.

In terms of prices, if you mean retail prices on Hot.wire, Hot.wire's retail prices are not the price of the underlying hotel, they are an average of prices for comparable hotels in the area for your dates.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

It says Free Internet and Internet access.

The $211 price was when I was bored in a meeting at work around 2PM.

Prices have been fluctuating a lot for my search.

What would the place be with that resort fee (out of curiosity)?

That actually makes me feel better as they would have been almost exact same price.

Thanks again. You guys rock.

... and please read your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

I stayed at this hotel recently if you have any questions, but a few tid bits...

1) there are entrances from 41st St as well as 42nd st. To get a taxi (or drop-off) use 41st St... use this entrance as well as if you want to walk someplace quickly and avoid the crowds of 42nd St. (my guess is the first day or two you'll like the crowd of 42nd St, but then you'll just want to get someplace and avoid it)

2) rooms are nice size by NYC standards

3)the lobby is actually on the ~20th Floor... you take an elevator from the base level to the lobby level, then another elevators to your hotel room floor

I also recommend this place nearby for breakfast:

Best Bagel and Coffee

225 W 35th St (on 35th St between Seventh and Eighth Ave)

--> if you can't get a seat at one of the few tables or seats at the window counter, take your breakfast to a table on the closed off street in front of Macy's on Broadway... if that too has no availability then walk to Times Square and eat breakfast on the bleachers behind the TKTS booth for a breakfast view like none other in the world

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For some reason I tried to copy and paste the full amenities and it just wont copy it so I am typing it out.

Can you please tell me which hotel you think this is please for Time Square - Theater district  3 1/2 stars $295

Full amenities: Pet friendly , smoke free rooms, fitness center, Restaurant(s) Business center, internet access, accessible for visually impaired, in -room accessibility, wheelchair accessible, accessible bathroom, accessible parking

This is for 4 1/2 starts $320 Times Square - Theater districts Full amenities - Pet friendly, fitness center, restaurant(s), business center, internet access, roll-in shower.

Thank you so much for your help.  I wasn't sure if I could reply to this thread or I had to start a new one. Its been so long since I gone on this site. Thanks

sunrse1014,

Please follow-up each of your previous Hotwire Fort Lauderdale threads HERE and HERE with whatever you ended up doing for each of those trips... then start a NEW TOPIC for your own NYC thread and we will assist you there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]