Priceline Hotel: 2* Ann Arbor StudioPlus Suites

lizamead
By lizamead,
in

Okay, so I'm an idiot.

I guess I didn't read through the priceline wins or hotel lists very carefully, because when I came to post this win, noting I'd never heard of this place, I immediately saw winning bids for it, and have now seen it in the hotel list. Grr. I think it's because I checked the lists last week, when I was only bidding 2.5*. Oh well.

Anyway:

Bid last week on 2.5* for $35 and was rejected. My plan for today was to bid $35 on 2*, and if rejected, start over at 2.5* and up the bid slightly, adding in 2* again if possible. But got this on the first try. I was very surprised, as I'd never heard of StudioPlus before, but it looks like an okay place, and is in a good location anyway. Just checked their rates and online/AAA rates are abt $68. I'd have preferred pretty much any place else, as the rest all seem to have pools, but it's only for one day. And it does have a kitchen.

ETA: Aha. The reason I didn't see it on the hotel list was that I only looked at the hotwire one, not the priceline one.

I really *am* an idiot!

Yeesh.

Well, in general I'm a pretty experienced priceline user, and so try not to take up people's time when I can come up with my own bidding strategies. In this case, I simply went too fast due to being much too busy at work and wanting to cross things off my to-do list. Live and learn. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I "won" this hotel in December and I immediatly had buyers remorse. I resigned myself to stay there since it was only 1 night, I was arriving late and leaving early. The location was good, the room was large and clean. The bed sucked though, so keep that in mind.

Im about to bid again for AA, I just hope I dont get this place.

Happy Travelling, Randi

What sucked about the bed??

The location is definitely great - I stayed at the Hampton Inn right near there last time. And the kitchen will make it easier for me to bring milk and to make lots of bags of ice for my traditional Trader Joes run - usually I have to go back and forth to ice machines. So I'm hoping this will all be just fine. And like you, it's just for one night...

If I were bidding in A2 again though, I'd probably stick with a 2.5*.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]