Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (Schaumburg) Quality Inn Schaumburg

purplepat
By purplepat,
in

Checked out a 3 star Hotwire hotel for $58 a night in Schaumberg with a 90% Hotwire guest rating, posted Hotwire reviews looked great.  Research on this board indicated it was the Quality Inn Schaumberg.  Double checked the hotel's website, which indicated this hotel only has rooms with king beds or two queens (although they do have a "suite" with a single queen at a higher price than "normal" rooms).  This trip is my wife and I and our 9 year old daughter (who frequently sleeps in our king size bed at home anyway) and a adult male friend of mine.  Double checking the hotels bedding situation was important to me, as Hotwire reviews for some other hotels I was looking at in the Oak Brook area said that one hotel (with an 85% guest rating) thought nothing of placing 3 Hotwire guests in a room with one double bed, and had an bad attitude about Hotwire/Priceline customers in general.

Sure enough, I booked the property and it is the Quality Inn Chicago Schaumberg.  Used the BiddingHelper.com link to book the property, and used the green "Full Amenities" button to get the following list of amenities:

Free breakfast

Free internet

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Golf (nearby)

Tennis (nearby)

2 rooms, with 3 adults and 1 child, $58 per room per night, total cost $145.15  Hotel website lists rates for that date of $109 for a king, $119 for two queens, plus tax

As an aside, Hotwire had given me $100 "Hot Dollars" as compensation for a bad review I gave of a Hotwire hotel we stayed at in May.  Hotwire had listed the hotel as a 3 star property, but it was clearly a 1 star (or less) property.  We stayed there 4 nights, so Hotwire gave us $25 Hot Dollars for each night of our stay.  Considering we had only paid $27 a night (plus fees) for the property, the Hot Dollars were a nice bonus.  The hotel (actually motel) we stayed at was worth the $27 price, especially considering it was on Cape Cod, but the original 3 star rating was a joke.  Apparently quite a few other Hotwire customers reviewed the property negatively as well.  At any rate, I used the 100 Hot Dollars for this booking, so we are only paying $45.15 out of pocket.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results and this property will work well for your needs for this nite.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add this new amenity set for this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]