Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) The Roosevelt Hotel New York

mzahir
By mzahir,
in

Looking at two hotels on the express deals in Priceline that was hoping you can help me identify

1)  4* Madison Square Garden Convention Area 

Amenties include business, fitness, and a restaurant.  It also has the price listed at 135/night at 22% off.  Rating of 8+

2)4*Midtown East

Amenties include business, fitness, and a restaurant.  It also has the price listed at 135/night at 22% off.  No rating listed

Unfortunately i'm not certain of either of these...

For the MTE property, The Grand Hyatt, Marriott East Side, The Lexington, The Westin Grand Central, and the W New York would all be possible candidates... my concern would be if this happened to be The Roosevelt.

For the MSG property, the Tryp Times Square South has previously been seen with this amenity set, but i have a sixth sense that it may be something else (and with such common amenities it is entirely possible).

I'm very familiar with NYC... if you let us know your maximum budget (per nite before free/taxes) and needs for this trip we can try to offer some of the better options that meet your criteria.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was thinking it would be the Westin for the MTE property, but not entirely sure.  I want no more than 150 a night.  There is most likely going to be four of us in the room, so I want to avoid the hotels with the tiny rooms.  I want to also stay in the City, close to Times Square if possible.  It does not have to be in Times Square though, just close enough to where I can get to it by walking.

There is most likely going to be four of us in the room...

My suggestion would be to use HOTWIRE when searching for 4adults (or 2adults/2children may make the room rate a little less) and ensure that you have sleeping accommodations for everyone in your group... or choose a PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel that shows a 'Bed Choice' option and one of those choices has a room type that will accommodate the needs of your group.

In NYC most hotels have a high percentage of rooms with only one bed in them (and little or no room for a rollaway... some hotels don't even carry them since the rooms can't accommodate them and/or they don't have the storage space available) and rooms with two beds are often considered an upgrade from standards and cost more.

If you were traveling to a location (such as Orlando) where hotels are used to accommodating families and have a high percentage of rooms with two beds i would stay it might be worth the risk... but in NYC that is not a risk i would necessarily recommend taking.

Of course the level of risk you decide to take is for you (and those in your group) to decide.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we will try to assist further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something within your budget that will work for your needs.

The Roosevelt has an excellent location and it's easy to explore the rest of the city from here as it has good subway access. The lobby is very grand and from 'another time' when this was a 'see and be seen' type of hotel. However, the rooms are long overdo for a renovation.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]