Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower) W Chicago Lakeshore

anmjg2
By anmjg2,
in

4* Magnificent Mile Area/River North

$144 on 8/5-8/6

Bidding.helper shows the following amenities:

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Internet access

On a related note, I've seen you post about your familiarity with the area.  Is there a big difference in terms of "walkaround" things to do (shopping, restaurants) for families between the Magnificent Mile/River North Area and the Water Tower Area?  We stayed in the Loop a couple of years ago and it seemed like many things closed relatively early compared to the Magnificent Mile area (maybe catering to businesses?).  

Thanks in advance for your help!

The Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers would be my best guess for this one.

I'll leave it to AaronJB to comment on the differences between the River North vs. Water Tower zones as he knows this area best.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The issue that I have with the Loop is that you can wind up in the South or West portions of the area. The West portion of the Loop is really office-heavy and on nights/weekends, a lot is closed. I think that may change over time with the restaurant scene and apartments West of the Loop, but at this point in time, you can be in the West portion of the Loop on Sunday and a lot of common things (Starbucks, etc) are closed.

That said, the Mag Mile-River North area is just the lower half of the Michigan Ave shopping area plus the River North area, which is nightlife/restaurant heavy. The Mag Mile N-WT area is the top half of Michigan Ave plus the Gold Coast area, which is a smaller area with high-end boutiques and restaurants/nightlife. You can't go wrong with either and w/Price.line the two zones are combined.

When I search for 2 adults and 2 children, I see a 4* in the Mag Mile-RN area w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Pet Friendly for $144. This would be a possible match for the Sheraton Towers.

I see a 4.5* Mag Mile N-WT for $136 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Pet Friendly. I'm guessing this is the W Lakeshore, upgraded from previous 4* rating. A few blocks from the Sheraton, slightly cheaper but not as family-friendly.

I see a 3.5* in the Mag Mile-RN area for $135 w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower. This is a possible match for the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza. This is NOT as well-located as the other two possibilities in the SW corner of the zone, but it isn't that far to River North restaurants and some rooms at this property provide very nice river views. If a particular room does not, the cafe/bar next to check-in does. There is also an "L" stop right nearby at the Merchandise Mart.

Let us know if you have any questions about the above before booking.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for the reply.  I used the Hotwire linked and booked the W Lakeshore and it had the amenities set you noted.  I stayed at the other Chicago W before (Adams St.).  The rooms are nice even if the hotel itself is not really a place for families to hang out.  It will do the trick for out one night given its location. 

Thanks for the help.  

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]