Priceline Hotel: Need help plantation 3 1/2 stars

shopperwhite
By shopperwhite,
in

Please provide some additional details so we can begin to research - 

Are you bidding? Are you looking at a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal? If a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal, what are the amenities? What are the date/s of travel and price per night before taxes/fees?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Looked at postings seeing nothing in this area at thiscatagory? Help

If you use the white Search box top right, entering 'plantation', and making sure you've selected "Forum" next to it, you'll see lots of postings on this site.

Have you tried actually getting into Priceline and/or Hotwire in the two boxes just above?  Without actually doing it, I'm not sure whether you will need Fort Lauderdale or just Plantation (part of a zone in Fort Lauderdale).  One or the other should work and give you some possibilities.  

If you meant by "seeing nothing" that there weren't any Priceline Express (or Hotwire)  3 1/2* offers for your dates, and had correctly gotten into the systems, that could mean you are looking on a date when everything is already booked.  

Romelle

In addition to the search box on the top right corner of the page you can go to the Priceline Hotel List and click FORT LAUDERALE on the left side of the page, then 'West Ft Lauderdale - Plantation - Sawgrass Mills' in the zone list to see all hotels that have been reported to the board in this zone.

What is it that we can help you with... seeing what has been won previously in this zone, at what price, or a suggested bidding strategy to follow?

Are you ready to book this trip at this point in time?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes I am ready to book. My concern is I need 2 rooms for 10 people. I have stayed at sheraton before and really like it.

PRICELINE guarantees 1 bed/double occupancy but does not allow more than 4 per room. PRICELINE EXPRESS sometimes shows bed choice options, but again, only guarantees double occupancy/1 bed if bed choice options are not showing, with no more than four per room. HOTWIRE allows a max of four per room. Is the Sheraton the only hotel of interest?

Most standard hotel rooms will only accommodate up to quad occupancy. Once you get more than 4 per room you often get into specialty rooms which is why you may be seeing a very high price on Expe.dia.

Although many rooms can accommodate up to quad occupancy, some only accommodate double occupancy, which is why PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, but HOTWIRE allows you to include the number of guests per room (up to quad occupancy).

What is the Expedia rate for 5 per room? What is your maximum budget for this trip? (per room before taxes/fees) What is the total number of adults/children you need accommodations for?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you search HOTWIRE for 3rooms/6adults/4children there is a 3.5* hotel in this zone for $81/nite, which even for 3 rooms, comes in just under $300 all-in... although there is an additional $15/nite payable directly to the hotel as a resort fee.

Even with the resort fee, how does this compare to the Expe.dia rate? Would this 3 room set-up work for your needs?

I have dealt with HOTWIRE only once and was really displeased.

... that was without the help of the board. ;)

If you use PRICELINE (or HOTWIRE) and book 2 rooms for 10 people there is a (good?) chance that the rooms assigned will not accommodate everyone in your group and i'm sure you would then be really disappointed.

I think i have figured out the 3.5* hotel offered:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... my guess would be the Sawgrass Grand

The reviews are less than stellar, so you ultimately need to decide if it's something you're willing to put up with for one nite given the price is substantially cheaper than what you're seeing elsewhere.

What is the purpose of this stay... are you able to stay in a nearby zone which may have comparably priced hotels with better reviews?

Yes that is a 3 star on Priceline and you are right the reviews are less than stellar. Not sure what I am going to do. I have travelled a lot but this large family group us driving me crazy plus our crappy canadian dollar us not helping as well. Had planned to book rental cars to get us to miami for our cruise. However there are shuttles from fll that will take us to the pier for about 13.00'a person so wonder if I am better to do something nearer the airport and just do shuttle. I do very appreciate all your help. I may have to rethink my original plan. I realize now I may have to book 3 rooms which I hadn't planned to do. I have 3 kids and never had problems getting rooms but times have changed.

I would look to stay at the FLL Airport, 'Downtown Fort Lauderdale' (if the price is right as downtown Ft Lauderdale is very close to the airport), or 'downtown' Miami (heading to Miami, and closer to the pier, on your day of arrival... then a shorter trip to the pier on embarkation day)... i wouldn't even consider staying in Plantation (what's the point of doing so??)

You can also use our sister site Pre Cruise Hotels which will make it easy to see the hotels near each pier and decide how much more/less it may cost to go up/down in star rating (or to stay closer/further from the pier).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide to do for this trip or how we can be of further help.

There is public bus service from the airport to the cruise terminal.  You could split your party and send the more agile ones with the lighter luggage via bus.   Then use the more expensive shuttle for everybody else and the bulkier luggage.  

Romelle

You could split your party and send the more agile ones with the lighter luggage via bus.   Then use the more expensive shuttle for everybody else and the bulkier luggage.

Or send all the luggage with the shuttle passengers and let the public bus passengers ride without any luggage (although i would confirm the difference in timing as it could make the embarkation process more difficult if everyone doesn't arrive at the same time).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]