Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* St. Petersburg - Clearwater (Madeira - Indian Rocks Beach) Doubletree Beach Resort Tampa Bay-North Redington Beach

gintastic
By gintastic,
in

Need help in identifying these two 3.5* for 8/8 through 8/11/2015.

Finally was able to use the Bidding.Helper.com at home.

$133/nt on the "St Pete Beach" area

4.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating

80% Hotwire recommended customer reviews

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Resort, Beachfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Tennis nearby

$129/nt on the "Madeira Beach - Indian Rocks Beach"  -- (According to your list, this looks to be the Doubletree Hilton?)

4.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating

95% Hotwire recommended customer reviews

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

I would like to bid/get the Don Cesar Beach Resort and Spa because it's conveniently located where we want to be but that's too expensive (I think it's $205/nt on hotwire).  ;)

4* St Pete Beach

-- Possible match for Hotel Zamora.

4* Madiera 

-- Not yet ID'd/reported. The Doubletree with a new amenity set would be guess, but it may be something else not yet ID'd/reported.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Just as I expected (based on your hotel listing -- THANKS!). We are flying down on 8/8 but I booked via hotwire from 8/9 thru 8/11 for $95/night. It turned out to be the 3.5* Doubletree North Redington Beach Resort (a Hilton property). And then I extended the stay by one-day and the fee came out to $133/night. As expected I saved over $60 by doing it this way rather booking 8/8 thru 8/11 for $130/night directly (it was a gamble but i was okay with it).

Thanks again guys!

I'm a HIlton Gold member and I just found out I can't get points or avail of the Gold member benefits because i used a 3rd party to book my stay. Must be a new policy. Great deal still but that sucks badly because no upgrades & no breakfast.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the results.

Officially you don't get points or perks with the opaque providers (fortunately the deep discounts usually make up for any loss of perks). While you never receive points, some hotels do honor elite benefits (or some of them) so it doesn't hurt to hand your membership card over at check-in along with your ID, credit card, etc.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes i am pleased with the results.. I called the hotel directly and they said there was a recent policy change worldwide in that no elite benefits will be honored unless booked directly from their website or via phone.

but again, it doesn't hurt to show it to them upon check-in :)

thanks guys!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]