Priceline Hotel: 4* Montreal, QC Jun 26-28 - Should I take express deal or bid?

joeytraveler
By joeytraveler,
in

I'm looking to book a 4* star hotel in Montreal for this coming weekend for 2 nights, 6/26-6/28.  I looked at the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals and the best offer there is $150/night USD for a 4* star hotel in the Montreal Downtown - Financial District Area Hotel.  Based on the amenities listed below for it I believe it is the Hotel Omni Mont Royal:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

Could this also be the Sheraton or not?

Should I just go ahead and try to book it at this price point or do I have a chance of getting this hotel in the $100-$120 range by bidding for it?  Of course by bidding it might not be this same hotel or some other 4* hotel.  

What is the recommended strategy here? I've never done a bidding on PRICELINE before so this is all new to me.  Also what is the opinion on this hotel anyways? Is it a good place to stay as far as location goes?

I'd like to be around $110-$115/night max before taxes?  Is this good range or should I shoot for a lower rate?

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Express Deals and bidding are two distinctly different options and have their positives. The "spread" between the prices for both varies, but is generally slight-to-moderate. If you bid, you are willing to accept any hotel at the star rating picked in the zone/s picked. There is no way to ensure a particular property, there is no way to know what you may get and there is no way to increase the odds of a particular property.

With PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals it's possible to make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing. There's value in that from the standpoint of being able to increase the odds of potentially getting something you may like, getting a particular amenity or even if you're "location-sensitive" and would rather try to be in a particular part of a zone.

If you're seeing a 4* for $150 on Express Deals, a $100 bid is unrealistic and $115-120, while worth trying, may be a bit shy of what it takes. 

Let us know which route you'd rather take and we would be happy to outline how to proceed.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

My guess for the current PRICELINE EXPRESS deal listed above would be the Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you decide to go for the current PRICELINE EXPRESS offer) and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Le Centre Sheraton is currently $213/nite from PRICELINE for your dates (and $243/nite from Hotels.com)... you can easy get prices using our MAPS and HOTELS.com site to determine if the PRICELINE EXPRESS rate is a good deal or not. ;)

If bidding on PRICELINE is the Montreal Downtown-Financial District the only zone you're willing to accept OR are any of the other 'downtown' zones also acceptable?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in Montreal you have EIGHT re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown Financial...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones with the board if you're unsure and/or new to the subject).

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thank you. So no need to close browser or start over after adding certain number of zones? Just bid, if rejected add next zone, increase bid, if rejected, add zone and increase bid and do that until it gets accepted or I reach my max limit of $130?

If on my last bid of $130 it still rejects then I can just go to the express deal side and take that offer with no issues correct?

Correct, no need to close the browser with the above strategy (just make sure you're adding re-bid zones (and not just some random zone))

If the above is rejected you can take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (assuming still available)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

So for a 4* star hotel I'm bidding on in Montreal the re-bid zones would be the following correct?:

Anjou - St Leonard - Olympic Stadium 3.5

Brossard 3

Dorval Airport Area (YUL) 3.5

Laval 3.5

Longueuil - Boucherville 3

Midtown 3.5

Montreal Downtown - Latin Quarter 3

Pointe Claire 3

I can add any of these in any order after a bid gets rejected and just keep adding one of these zones with the selected 4* Financial district.

Yes, all of the zones above are re-bid zones when bidding 4* in this region... but always double check just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed since you last looked.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]