Priceline Hotel: 4* Houston (Downtown) Hilton Americas- Houston

NoviceTraveller
By NoviceTraveller,
in

Hi, I need to book a hotel in Houston downtown (preferably proper downtown since I need to use public transportation).

Looking at Hotwire I see:
1) Downtown Houston area hotel: 4.5 stars: $121
    Amenities: Business center, Fitness center, Free Internet, Pool(s), Self service laundry
    Probable list: Meridian, Intercontinental, Sofitel, The Luxury Collection

2) Downtown Houston area hotel: 3.5 stars: $120
    Amenities: Business center, Fitness center, Free Internet, Pool(s), Restaurants, Self service laundry
    Probable list: DoubleTree, Hilton, Hyatt, Crowne Plaza

Any ideas? Also, any recommendations for starting bid for Priceline? Price range: < $100-150.

Thanks!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of these listings, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I used the link from your message above and it shows more amenities but the Hotwire site didn't show them yesterday:

Here they are:

1)4.5 stars (the price has gone up: $126

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

2) 3.5 stars ($117)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Should I start a separate thread for Priceline in the Priceline forum?

Should I start a separate thread for Priceline in the Priceline forum?

You can post any PRICELINE requests in this thread as we keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

For PRICELINE are you looking to bid for a lower price then the offers above OR are you looking to ID a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply.

I am looking to bid on Priceline for price point lower than my max. budget (Off course lower the better). Anything 3 stars and above works for me. If I don't win anything I might decide to go for lower star ratings but to start with I would prefer 3 stars and above. And also evaluate my options with Hotwire and Priceline Express. Thanks!

There 2 in Priceline Express Deals that fit my requirement:

1) 4 Star Hotel in Downtown Houston Area for $123/night
Area:
Downtown, the thriving heart of Texas' largest city, has it all: corporations, culture and culinary delights. This compact, pedestrian-friendly neighborhood houses Brown Convention Center, Discovery Green, Minute Maid Park and the Toyota Center, all within a few blocks of each other. It's also home to Bayou City's central business district and the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts. Catch public transit off Main Street or stroll Lamar Street and Texas Avenue for some of Houston's best eats.

Guaranteed Amenities:
Business Center
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

Guest Score: Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher) - Guest Favorite

2) 3½ Star Hotel in Downtown Houston Area for $109/night

Guest Score: Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher) Guest favorite

Guaranteed Amenities:
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet

4.5* Houston Downtown Hot.wire

-- Likely Hyatt

3.5* Houston Downtown Hot.wire

-- Not yet Id'd/reported, may be a new amenity set for the Crowne Plaza.

3.5* Houston Downtown PRICELINE EXPRESS

-- Not yet ID'd/reported, possibly Crowne Plaza.

4* Houston Downtown PRICELINE EXPRESS

-- Not yet ID'd/reported, possibly Hotel Icon or Hotel Magnolia.

Please keep us updated on what you decide.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I am looking to bid on Priceline...

If your gameplan is to ultimately bid on PRICELINE (or at least try that before considering any HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS offers) please don't ask for hotel identifications as it's a time consuming process and the hotels currently available may not be the ones that are offered once you're ready to consider it for purchase (or the price may change substantially making it no longer an option)

Given this 4 star Houston Downtown hotel for $123/nite and this 3.5* Downtown hotel for $109/nite, are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is the goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay? As you know you can (at this time) do better than your $150 budget for a 4* hotel, do you want to try for a 4* up to $120 and then take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer if rejected, try for a 3.5* up to $109, or bid 3 star and stop at $108/nite? (at which point you would take the 3.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel)

Intention wasn't to waste your time, I appreciate the admins taking time to research and reply on this forum. I was looking at all the possible options out there. I will be careful with my request next time. Thanks for the heads up.

Wrt to your question for Price.line bidding my main goals are: to be in core downtown (for public transportation), the hotel to have free internet, a nice 3 star or above with a good rating or as you mention the goal is least expensive 3* or better for this stay. So if I can get a 3* or above in downtown under/around USD 100 that could be great. USD 150 was my max. budget for any * rating.

Thanks again for your help!

The issue with things like free internet is that during the bidding process you have to look to see that when you click on the zone and star rating that free internet is a guaranteed amenity. If it's not, then there's no guarantee of that. As for rating, you can also look to see if there's a guaranteed rating when you click on the star rating and zone.

If you do want free internet and the possibility of a nicer/more well-reviewed hotel, then it becomes the question of whether or not it's worth to pay a little more for a PRICELINE EXPRESS/HOTWIRE listing where you can make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing.

Also, if you see a PRICELINE EXPRESS /HOTWIRE listing w/free internet and free internet is not a guaranteed amenity when bidding, there is value there then to consider in the PRICELINE EXPRESS listing versus bidding.

As for being in the 'core downtown', you have to be willing to stay anywhere within the zone if you are bidding. If you go for PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE, you can then make an educated guess and try to pinpoint and if you are "location-sensitive", then there is value to consider in that, as well.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]