Hotwire Hotel: 4* Newark (Jersey City) Westin Newport Jersey City

Adam81980
By Adam81980,
in

Planning to go to New York City 6/28-7/1 and looking for bidding advice for a modest budget.

Was looking at staying across the river in NJ where I've found 3.5-4 star express deals for $100-120. However, considering the cost to drive or take train into the city each day multiplied by two people, I'm now considering just staying in the city and paying more.

I'm seeing PRICELINE EXPRESS deals and Priceline bids won in Manhattan in the $120-170 range for my dates, for 3-4 star hotels. There is one four star listing in the financial district for $133.

I don't really care where I stay in Manhattan, but would like bidding advice for 3.5-4 stars in the city. Preferably, no more than $150 per night. Would also be willing to stay in Brooklyn/Williamsburg or other locations easily accessible to city on the subway system. Would also consider solid three stars.

Any advice on where to start? I've always taken express deals and have never bid.

Adam

I don't think your budget is going to be an issue, but to suggest a strategy we need to know:

1) which zones, by PRICELINE name, you're willing to accept

2) are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5*... or is the goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

3) you mention a 'good' 3* is acceptable as well, but when bidding on PRICELINE there is no information provided about the hotel(s) you may win, so it is impossible to know if it will be one of the better/lesser 3 star hotel in the zone.

At the 3* level i'm seeing what looks like:

The Paul for $113/nite

Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel for $121/nite

Or the 4* rated (with an 8.0+ user review rating) Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side for $142/nite

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just took a Hotwire Express Deal for Jersey City that's been listed for a few days. Was listing 4-Star with 95% positive ratings. Got the Westin for $101 per night.

Ammenties listed were Pet friendly, business center, fitness center, indoor pool(s), pool(s), Internet access, smoke-free rooms, restaurant, tennis nearby.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board.

Excellent price for this great property very close to the PATH.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities (including the accessible) that are currently showing in the MY ACCOUNT link for this purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]