Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTE) Roosevelt Hotel

ansub1976
By ansub1976,
in

This is the first time me and my girlfriend are going to be in NYC. I am looking for a hotel in Midtown East or Midtown West (based on whatever little analysis of the areas I could do and also based on some of the posts here) for 3 nights (Feb 25- Feb 28). I would like it to be 2* - 3* for around $75-$100. This is also the first time I am going to use priceline. Can you please let me know if I could get a room around the price and possibly good hotels in those areas and strategies.

Thanks in advance..

Kris

Welcome to BetterBidding!

First question would be if you are sure you want a 2* hotel in NYC? :)

My suggestion would be to, if possible, extend your budget to $120, as you have a decent chance at getting a 4* hotel for that price or less. You may have success close to the $100 mark for a 3* hotel, but as low as $75 is not very likely (there is often little price difference in NYC between 3* and 4* hotels... but often their is a big quality difference).

Personally i think the extra few dollars is worth the higher star rating in NYC, but it's your money and your stay, so let us know your thoughts and we'll advise whichever way you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So if you are willing to bid up to $120 (you didn't say if that figure was ok, but i'll assume it is for the strategy below).

In NYC you have two re-bid zones at the 4* level. If you''re not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120.

Any questions feel freel to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Me and my girlfriend decided on a threshold of $110 for a hotel room and started the bidding with this price in mind.

We tried for 4* hotels and used the strategy you suggested till we reached $110. All the bids were rejected. So we included 3* hotels and re-bid. We started with $90 and got rejected. Then we bid $100 and we ended up getting a room! It is in the Roosevelt Hotel. For 3 nights it is $358 including taxes.

When my girlfriend saw the pictures in the hotel's website, she got so excited! She absolutely loves it!! Plus the location of the hotel seems to be wonderful! Thanks a lot for helping us book a hotel! I sure will let a lot of friends know about this cool website! I used Savingsbarn.com for getting to priceline. :)

Kris

Congratulations on your win.

Glad you were successful and are happy with the results.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bids. :)

Enjoy your stay.

PS- be sure to hit Ess-A-Bagel one morning which is an easy walk from your hotel (51st St and Third Ave)... one of the best bagels in NYC and an inexpensive breakfast

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]