Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Times Square - Theater District) Hyatt Times Square

footie123
By footie123,
in

I used the BB HOTWIRE link to come up with these.  Thoughts?  Thanks!

6/14/2015.  1 night.  2 adults one child.

Times Square Theatre District 4.5*  100% recommended

$146 per night.

Internet

Midtown Central.  4.5*  95% recommended

$147 per night

Internet

Business Center

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Self serve laundry.

Upper East Side 3.5*  95% recommended

$140 per night

free Internt

pool

pool(s)

business center

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for each of the above:

4.5* Times Square

Free Internet

Hi-Speed Internet

--> Hyatt Times Square

4.5* Midtown Central

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

--> Warwick

3.5 Upper East Side

Free Internet

Indoor Pool

Pool

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

--> Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Upper East Side

Of the above The Hyatt Times Square would be my first choice.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So I'm bummed (and unimpressed).

Was thinking about the upper East Side place b/c of the pool.  And with Expedia I have pre-cancellation.  The hotwire fees really make a difference. 

With Hot.wire..

Rate per night

$140.00

Nights

Rooms ( 2 adults , 1 child)

Subtotal

$140.00

Tax recovery charges + fees

$44.85

Hotwire total

$184.85

With  Expe.dia

Room 1: 2 Adults, 1 Child avg./night

$169.00

Taxes $28.43

Trip Total: $197.43

Not sure what is that you're 'bummed' about, but i will add some thoughts/comments:

• don't choose a NYC hotel based upon the pool (especially for a one nite stay). There is enough to do in NYC that you shouldn't be sitting poolside, and for any hotels that do have a pool (there are only a handful), the pools are nothing spectacular (ie- it's not Vegas where a lot of thought goes into the pool)
  • we have links to both Hot.wire and Expe.dia, buy thru whichever is cheaper and please use the board links
  • in NYC you want to be as centrally located as possible... Upper East Side is usually not the most convenient location for the typical visitor
Sometimes the BiddingHelper.com may show a different hotel than what appears in the 'regular' HOTWIRE link, or doesn't have a hotel that appears in the HOTWIRE tab, in which case you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set:Search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...
  • click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or the Expedia link provided.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks.  "Bummed" wasn't a good word.  It wasn't about the pool, area, etc.  What I found "interesting" (better word?) is that, assuming the upper east side hotel is what we are thinking it is, is that there wasn't a big savings in going with Hotwire as compared to Expedia.   Hotwire has more fees and so by just looking at the face-price (before taxes and fees) the deals look better.   That was my only point.

Thanks again.  I will use the links and update the win if I go for it.

There are some instances where you may not find the same level of discount - an area where there are less hotels, may be a busy day, etc. The discounts are variable, but there are still excellent deals to be had on both services. 

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Just to add to the above, if you look at the hotel i suggested as being the best of the bunch (The Hyatt) the all-in savings are nearly $50/nite vs. an Expedia booking, so the deals are certainly there, but you need to evaluate each on it's own merits.

Our BiddingHelper.com allows you to view the HOTWIRE deals and then using the 'Hotels by Name' tab to compare to a 'regular rate' booking (even if not looking at a specific hotel, you can also compare the HOTWIRE / PRICELINE EXPRESS rate to other hotels of the same star rating)

Let us know whatever you decide for this trip or how we can be of further help.

• 2 weeks later...

As long as you don't need a sitdown place, see my recommendation in this post where the user had one this same hotel. (and eating outside behind the TKTS booth is a good option even if you can get a seat at the shop... or a table in front of Macy's (on Broadway at 34th St) is another option)

If you need something different just let me know.

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]