Hotwire Hotel: Helping starting Vegas search

mbuck
By mbuck,
in

My son is getting married so we're taking a trip to Vegas first.

He's never been so I want him to have a great time. I figure I need one of the Strip locations on Hotwire, but is one better than the other?

I really want a great view, am I going to give that up by booking through Hotwire. The 5* hotels at $95 even $75 w 95% recommendations does sound great; even a 4* at $40 but don't want to get shuffled into a room without a great view to take it all in when we're not out and about.

We're planning on going in July, probably 12-15

Thanks from a newbie-Vegas guy

I figure I need one of the Strip locations on Hotwire, but is one better than the other?

I think this is more of a personal reference. You'd be OK with South, Center or North zone.

I really want a great view, am I going to give that up by booking through Hotwire.

Pretty much. The hotel isn't going to give you one of the better view rooms. But you can always call the hotel and ask for an upgrade mentioning the wedding or offer to pay for a good view room.

I hope this answer your questions.

Let us know when your plans are firm and we'll take a deeper look at this.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

PS. Congratulate your son from BetterBidding.

• 2 months later...
otherwise I would've reported a win.

Thank you for the follow-up and closing this thread. Please remember to always follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]